+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody done an lsx swap into '94 GMC sierra?

Anybody done an lsx swap into '94 GMC sierra?

Looking into hopefully putting an lsx into my '94 GMC sierra truck that currently has a 4.3L. Anybody with useful information, i would greatly appreciate it!!

this has been gone over million times...just go to the lsx conversions section and start reading. There is tons of great info, and a few stickies with some good info
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE....370ci LY6 with some goodies SOLD
    1995 C2500- LS1 swap with a mp112
    build thread- http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...-ls1-swap.html

Can be intimidating when first inquiring about it, but it turns out to be pretty easy once you commit. I have the same year and motor, had a blast doing the conversion.
    1994 Chevy C1500 RCSB 05' DBW 5.3 Conversion Complete
    My build

Coming soon ....... Full Repaint, 214/220 Cam, Yukon Posi with 3.73's, remove body lift

Very similar to mine. Having the wiring diagrams to the donor engine and to the truck receiving the engine helped out a lot in getting everything working as it should.
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Can be intimidating when first inquiring about it, but it turns out to be pretty easy once you commit. I have the same year and motor, had a blast doing the conversion.
    what year motor did you use for your truck

Quote Originally Posted by chvy=power View Post
    this has been gone over million times...just go to the lsx conversions section and start reading. There is tons of great info, and a few stickies with some good info
    oooh ok sorry, kind of new to the site. still browsing, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flores_51 View Post
    what year motor did you use for your truck
    I used an 05 engine and harness with an 03 transmission

Feel free to PM me if you have questions. It's been a while since I've done my swap, but I will try to answer any questions you may have.
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

Same here, happy to help with any questions you have. I am in my wiring all the time adding extras so I am still pretty familiar with everything. I finally fixed all the little things this weekend like my factory relays that I removed accidentally and added the remote start and keyless entry.
    1994 Chevy C1500 RCSB 05' DBW 5.3 Conversion Complete
    My build

Coming soon ....... Full Repaint, 214/220 Cam, Yukon Posi with 3.73's, remove body lift

The v6 trucks are a knda PITA you will have to remove the lower control arms to get rid of the 4.3 mounts and depending on what mounts u use (I used Trans Dapt from summit)that use the SBC clam shell mounts you will have to slot the holes in the k member to raise them up higher to line up correctly. A lot easier to get your mounts set up if the front clip is off the truck.You will also need to grind the bead roll off the clam shells so they bolt up flat to the engine plates. If you take your time you can make them fit like a glove em what th
    As far as wiring I went with a reworked harness off ebay but ended up selling it (it was pretty sloppy)Had Nelson do a custom Harness and never looked back.The are show quality and the will make them how ever you want them I had them make the wires for the coil packs longer to move them off the valve covers and over on the inner fender . If you Have any questions PM me Be glad to help

+ Reply to Thread