+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 94 Silverado swap questions

Quote Originally Posted by chvy=power View Post
    Awesome...The white tach wire I hooked to goes to the plug on the pass side. Is that right?
    According to alldatadiy should go from the ignition module (in the distributor) to the tach.

When I tested continuity I used this wire for my tach. I cannot speak for the 95. Sorry for the cheesy editing.

1994 Chevy C1500 RCSB 05' DBW 5.3 Conversion Complete
    My build

Coming soon ....... Full Repaint, 214/220 Cam, Yukon Posi with 3.73's, remove body lift

That's behind the glove box on pass side right?
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE....370ci LY6 with some goodies SOLD
    1995 C2500- LS1 swap with a mp112
    build thread- http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...-ls1-swap.html

Quote Originally Posted by chvy=power View Post
    That's behind the glove box on pass side right?

Yes, it is behind the glove box. I pulled the pins, cut the wires and soldered them back to the pins, then reinstalled into the plug.
    1994 Chevy C1500 RCSB 05' DBW 5.3 Conversion Complete
    My build

Coming soon ....... Full Repaint, 214/220 Cam, Yukon Posi with 3.73's, remove body lift

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Yes, it is behind the glove box. I pulled the pins, cut the wires and soldered them back to the pins, then reinstalled into the plug.
    thats the one i hooked too...thanks!
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE....370ci LY6 with some goodies SOLD
    1995 C2500- LS1 swap with a mp112
    build thread- http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...-ls1-swap.html

BEAR!! Do you have a email ...I’ll pay you if you can help me with my 94 pin connector...I put in a digital dash (intellitronix) but now my batter and new alternator won’t maintain a charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    When I did my 94 swap, I removed every wire from under the hood because I was told nothing would be needed. It has been a year since I completed the swap and I have to fix dumb little things because I removed all the wires. As far as connecting your wires for your gauges, 3 will be thru the factory C100 on the driver's side. On the driver's c100 on have the temp wire which is dark green. The alternator wire is brown. And the oil pressure wire is tan.Behind the glove box there is the large black and blue connector. This has your TAC and SES. Also there is a white connector that plugged into to DRAC. The last two wires on one side of this connector are a blue wire with a black stripe and a red wire with a black stripe. Pull the two wires from the connector and wire them together to your VSS wire from the LS PCM. I removed the DRAC and threw it in the trash because I was told I did not need it, and all my gauges work except my temp. My gauge reads 260 after the truck warms up but my live data from the OBD2 says around 170, I noticed on the factory wiring diagram that the supply signal is supposed to be 5 volts and I may have more or a faulty sending unit. I used a meter and checked all the wires from my pin out behind the instrument cluster and to the connector behind the glove box and labeled my wires. I left the pigtail that runs towards the instruments together, but I cut the wires on the mating side so I could pull the pins and solder the new wires and plug them in into the harness as if factory. I have the diagram at my house and will post it for you when I get off work, I had it in previous post for my build, but photobucket got messed up and the photo is not available.

I have a 94 as well. Is the drac located left side of blue black plug behind glove?

+ Reply to Thread