+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ls swap 5.3 on obs cracked oil pan

ls swap 5.3 on obs cracked oil pan

Alright so this past sat I hit a huge pothole in these f*** up Houston streets and I believe I damaged my oil pan pretty bad could that cause the truck not to fire back up ? It leacked all the oil on the floor idk what to do. Do i need a new motor or just fix thepoil pan my concerns are that the motor might have just lost compression or I really screwed something up

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Alright so this past sat I hit a huge pothole in these f*** up Houston streets and I believe I damaged my oil pan pretty bad could that cause the truck not to fire back up ? It leacked all the oil on the floor idk what to do. Do i need a new motor or just fix thepoil pan my concerns are that the motor might have just lost compression or I really screwed something up
    Do you have an oil level sensor in the pan? I'm just wondering if that was damaged or not working if it would cause a no-start. If the pan isn't too destroyed you could fix it, or pick up a cheapo at the junkyard

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy View Post
    Do you have an oil level sensor in the pan? I'm just wondering if that was damaged or not working if it would cause a no-start. If the pan isn't too destroyed you could fix it, or pick up a cheapo at the junkyard
    I believe that sensor is there and the pan isn't too bad but it if it was a fulty sensor wouldn't it show up on a diagnostic check

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/m20ProductDisplayView?catalogId=10002&langId=-1&productId=1216597&storeId=10001

Will this work on the Ls swap I have ?

That would prob work, but do you want to spend that much on a pan? Why not buy used? Did you find anything on your research of the oil level sensor? I'm not sure because I'm still a noob when it comes to the LS world

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy View Post
    That would prob work, but do you want to spend that much on a pan? Why not buy used? Did you find anything on your research of the oil level sensor? I'm not sure because I'm still a noob when it comes to the LS world
    I don't mind I should have actually swapped it when I was initially doing the motor swap would have saved me time and money Ijust want to know if anyone had a problem with this and the sensor might be the reason why it wont turn on I'm going to check it out tomorrow

Neither one of my obs swaps even have the sensor plugged up. I don't belive the pcm uses for anything other than maybe turning a check engine light on
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE....370ci LY6 with some goodies SOLD
    1995 C2500- LS1 swap with a mp112
    build thread- http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...-ls1-swap.html

+ Reply to Thread