+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Farmtruc, help needed

Quote Originally Posted by Erica@NP View Post
    The only way to do a live recording would be to get in contact with someone that has HP Tuners or an HP Tuners scanning cable.
    hmm, anyone on here rent those scan cables?

see if anyone is in your area, that has hptuners.

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    see if anyone is in your area, that has hptuners.
    Well, i found a more serious problem today.. We had some snow and ice, so i reached down and put it in 4-low, and i immediately noticed the 4 wheel drive indicator on the instrument cluster did not come on..hmm, so i gave it some gas and it indeed went into 4-low, BUT, i only have 1st gear in 4-low..It wont go into second or third..So i shifted it into 4-hi, it seemed to work just fine, shifted through the gears fine and all, but still no 4wd indicator on the cluster..Would this be in the tune? It was fine with the last tune from you.. weird. No 4wd indicator lamp coming on and only 1st gear in 4-low..
    I still have the original PCM for the 4.8. Would it hurt it to plug it up for a few minutes to see if that cures the 4WD issues? Kinda scared to try being its a 6.0 now, will the 4.8 tune hurt it?

i'll have to do some research on this, but it may be due to the fact that you upgraded from a 4896 (99-2000) pcm to a 411 (01-02) pcm.
    similar to the battery light.
    it won't hurt, probably no racing or mud draggin, a stock 4.8L pcm and all the other engine options and pcm's will run all gen3 engines.

i'll have to do some research on this, but it may be due to the fact that you upgraded from a 4896 (99-2000) pcm to a 411 (01-02) pcm.
    similar to the battery light.
    it won't hurt, probably no racing or mud draggin, a stock 4.8L pcm and all the other engine options and pcm's will run all gen3 engines.
    Its not the 411 because thats what i had you do the first time for me and all was well (except that charge light, which you fixed)..I know my truck doesnt have the pushbutton 4 wheel drive, it has the actual shifter in the floor. Wonder if the tune has it set for the push button..? Let me know..Thanks for your help

there are no adjustments for the 4wd in the pcm/calibration, as far as tcase control or lights, function.
    send me over an email so i be sure to stay on this.
    Last edited by farmtruc; 02-17-2015 at 04:05 PM.

there are no adjustments for the 4wd in the pcm/calibration, as far as tcase control or lights, function.
    send me over an email so i be sure to stay on this.
    Allen, I just stuck the old PCM in and it fixed the problems, the 4wd icon on the instrument cluster lit up and it shifted through the gears in 4-low, so its in the PCM...(btw, it was not a fun ride with the 4.8 pcm, it idled at 1300 in park and 2000 in drive!!) But anyways, yes, something is up with the PCM. Like i said, its not the fact that its a 411 because the last 411 you tuned for me for the 4.8 did not screw up the 4wd..

ok, good info, i'll get on this.
    i got your email; i'll update thru email.

+ Reply to Thread