+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Farmtruc, help needed

Farmtruc, help needed

Allen,
    I ended up swapping in a 2004 lq4 into my truck because the 4.8 had a bad castech head on it, so i had yall do a retune to run the 6.0. Well, it runs fine and all but the mileage is absolutely horrible. This is our family ride and we occasionally tow a boat. It doesnt get run hard at all, no racing or wide open runs. The best i can get out of it is 14 MPG. A 6.0 in a half ton truck and 4l60e im thinking should do better on fuel, and most that do the swap are getting much better (except for the modded ones of course). I had a 30 year GM tech at work ride with me with a tech2 hooked up and fuel trims stayed between +8 to -8 at light acceleration and cruise. He said everything else looked to be in spec, MAF, front o2's and all. I emailed Erica to see if the tuner could do anything with it but she wants me to send a bunch more scan info, but would be hard to do again, but as i said, the tech said all was fine..

Quote Originally Posted by mopower440 View Post
    Allen,
    I ended up swapping in a 2004 lq4 into my truck because the 4.8 had a bad castech head on it, so i had yall do a retune to run the 6.0. Well, it runs fine and all but the mileage is absolutely horrible. This is our family ride and we occasionally tow a boat. It doesnt get run hard at all, no racing or wide open runs. The best i can get out of it is 14 MPG. A 6.0 in a half ton truck and 4l60e im thinking should do better on fuel, and most that do the swap are getting much better (except for the modded ones of course). I had a 30 year GM tech at work ride with me with a tech2 hooked up and fuel trims stayed between +8 to -8 at light acceleration and cruise. He said everything else looked to be in spec, MAF, front o2's and all. I emailed Erica to see if the tuner could do anything with it but she wants me to send a bunch more scan info, but would be hard to do again, but as i said, the tech said all was fine..
    6.0s drink fuel, that motor in the 3/4 ton really drinks the fuel
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

The ltrims tell me a lot.
    They aren't too negative or postive so the afr is staying where it needs to be.
    A larger engine doeent always mean better mileage.
    I can't send a refund out and just guess.
    The next step is scanning but the ltrims tell me the pcm isn't getting fed too much or too little fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    The ltrims tell me a lot.
    They aren't too negative or postive so the afr is staying where it needs to be.
    A larger engine doeent always mean better mileage.
    I can't send a refund out and just guess.
    The next step is scanning but the ltrims tell me the pcm isn't getting fed too much or too little fuel.

farmtruc, i dont want a refund by any means, i was just hoping you could tweak it for better mileage..

farmtruc, i dont want a refund by any means, i was just hoping you could tweak it for better mileage..
    i was on my iphone, lol, i typed retune, it corrected with refund, lol.

ya, the retune would be guessing.
    the ltrims aren't +25 or -25, so that tell me the fueling is pretty darn close.
    plus there isn't a lean or rich condition code being set.

if i send a retune out, i'll need some sort of baseline first, so scanning was mentioned so we can fine tune the truck.
    timing is always pretty close or dead on; that is based on what certain trucks like.

type iphone to me i need a refund dont worry ill figure out why when you send it ! lol

good info, gotta get it scanned the more you get the truck scanned more allen fine tune ( tweak it ) may help may not, hes pretty darn good
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

I wish there was a way to just record whats on the PCM instead of driving it and trying to write it all down while its happening..

It won't allow to just right some info down. Like a freeze frame. That's not really worth much.
    A live recording or taking notes real time is the best way
    I can tell u tho it's pretty dn close just going off the ltrims.

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    It won't allow to just right some info down. Like a freeze frame. That's not really worth much.
    A live recording or taking notes real time is the best way
    I can tell u tho it's pretty dn close just going off the ltrims.
    how do i do a live recording?

how do i do a live recording?
    The only way to do a live recording would be to get in contact with someone that has HP Tuners or an HP Tuners scanning cable.
    Nelson Performance
    210-626-0278
    facebook.com/nelsonperformance
    erica@nelsonperformance.com

+ Reply to Thread