+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hulknasty's 95 5.3/60e swap

My '93 4x4 went pretty well. Manual shift transfer case bolted right up to a '99 4L60E out of an Escalade. I spliced in the VSS to the harness because the plugs were different. I did have to modify the shifter linkage since my '93 is not cable shifted but shifted with linkage from the steering column. I had to cut and reweld the original bracket to work with the shift switch on the side of the trans.
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

mickey I ran into the same problem on my 94 model swap with the shifter linkage,, I did the swap on a 98 2wd tahoe and had no issues with the cable shifter.... gotta love the simplicity and compatibility of general motors parts

Quote Originally Posted by 1991SSP View Post
    gotta love the simplicity and compatibility of general motors parts
    I agree. With the simplest of modifications, or none at all, the swap came together with no problems.
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

John

truck finally moved under its own power today! one question.. where do I tap the speedometer wire coming from the pcm? should this go to the vss or??

Hulk ,, I ran my speedometer wire from the pcm thru the firewall directly to the cluster harness.,,

^^Yep I did the same. The speedometer signal in the 95 comes from the VSS buffer over by the stock 95 ECU to the gauges. It's a dark green wire. Looks like it goes to pin 14 on the gauge cluster.

VSS goes to the PCM to inform it of vehicle speed. The PCM then sends a signal to the speedo on another wire based on the info it receives from the VSS.

I ran the wire directly to the gauge cluster, bypassing the buffer. Speedo is within 1 MPH in calibration. That's close enough for me.

The PCM must be flashed for the gear ratio and tire size/diameter for the calibration to be correct.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymotormount View Post
    VSS goes to the PCM to inform it of vehicle speed. The PCM then sends a signal to the speedo on another wire based on the info it receives from the VSS.

I ran the wire directly to the gauge cluster, bypassing the buffer. Speedo is within 1 MPH in calibration. That's close enough for me.

The PCM must be flashed for the gear ratio and tire size/diameter for the calibration to be correct.
    Right on, thanks guys that clears things up alot. Now I just need to resolve a random missfire issue. Kept getting code p0300. Had my tuner check into it and he thinks its a fuel delivery issue or the maf is shot. Says its getting 75% of what it needs. Suspects the maf is shot but its brand new.. any one else have this issue
    Last edited by Hulknasty; 03-07-2015 at 11:06 PM.

I had the same problem,,, ended up being that I did not have the plug from the harness snugly plugged into one of the coils

Well turns out my fuel pressure regulator was bad. Seems to work great now ha did a couple burn outs in the driveway! Just pulled my cluster out to wire the speedometer signal wire into it but there are 2 dark green wires going to it? Any help here?

+ Reply to Thread