+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hulknasty's 95 5.3/60e swap

That looks awesome! No A/C?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeebalow View Post
    That looks awesome! No A/C?
    Thanks man, no its never worked so just left it out

That makes it simpler. I have a Whipple and have to figure out how to run the bracket for the idlers from the passenger side head right where the A/C compressor is mounted.

So how does it feel? How much boost are you running?

Feels really good so far, the pulley I have makes 10psi. Still waiting to get the tuning perfect before I really rip on it. Feels awesome when the boost comes on though!

Any idea why my speedo likes to bounce around alot? Speed sensor is brand new. Throws code p0608. Am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulknasty View Post
    Feels really good so far, the pulley I have makes 10psi. Still waiting to get the tuning perfect before I really rip on it. Feels awesome when the boost comes on though!
    I am very jealous! Can't wait to drive mine!

Any idea why my speedo likes to bounce around alot? Speed sensor is brand new. Throws code p0608. Am i missing something?
    I have no idea on the speedo. I haven't driven mine yet so I can't help you there. Have you contacted whoever tuned your truck? Who did the tuning?

what trans was in it before?? you said you swapped a 60e in. it didnt come with that? if you had to extend the purple/? twisted wires or add them if you didnt have them, make sure your connections are solid and that they are TWISTED all the way to the pcm or else it might be picking up interference from other wires and definately will provide interference to others as its a pulsing signal.
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kewljay223 View Post
    what trans was in it before?? you said you swapped a 60e in. it didnt come with that? if you had to extend the purple/? twisted wires or add them if you didnt have them, make sure your connections are solid and that they are TWISTED all the way to the pcm or else it might be picking up interference from other wires and definately will provide interference to others as its a pulsing signal.
    You might be on to something..wires arent twisted for maybe 6" or so. Ill look into it

Well I doubt 6" would make a difference unless it was next to a big power cable or something. Worth a shot tho. Also I'm not sure how the sensor works in the trans but this happened on my motorcycle. There is a rotor and magnet pickup. The bolt holding the rotor came loose and chewed up the magnet which threw the reading jumping all over like what u describe. Maybe something similar is going on inside yours too?

+ Reply to Thread