+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forced air newb question.

Forced air newb question.

I am building a 5.3 with a side mount whipple supercharger. I'm thinking about intercooling it. Is the proper order air filter, maf, throttle body, supercharger, intercooler then engine? That is a lot of volume of air between the throttle plate and the intake, will that cause a problem?

isn't the TB mounted to the intake??? How u gonna squeeze the SC and IC in between??

You'd have to buy a supercharger with an integrated intercooler if you wanted it in that order. A centrifugal supercharger would go: air cleaner, super charger, intercooler, TB, intake, heads.

Often times the MAF is removed and the tune is made to be speed density (SD). Just make sure you have your IAT post intercooler.
    Last edited by shmiet; 01-28-2015 at 08:38 AM.

I've seen an a/a intercooler routed between the charger and intake manifold.
    It's a tight bend out and in, but it has been done.
    If you're not planning on taking this setup to a high hp level, just install it and use meth spray to cool the intake charge.

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    I've seen an a/a intercooler routed between the charger and intake manifold.
    It's a tight bend out and in, but it has been done.
    If you're not planning on taking this setup to a high hp level, just install it and use meth spray to cool the intake charge.
    I do intend to drive the piss out of this truck. My family loves road trips. I don't want to deal with hauling, finding or worrying about my wife running out of meth.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    I do intend to drive the piss out of this truck. My family loves road trips. I don't want to deal with hauling, finding or worrying about my wife running out of meth.
    -45deg celcius rated windshield washer fluid. Can even use the same reservoir for your washer fluid.

The only stuff available around here is -20 degrees. How much meth does someone go through? I'm thinking it used quite a bit.

Depends what nozzle size you go with and what you have your pressure switch set to.

I have a DO3 and a DO7 nozzle coming on at 5psi. I have to refill about once every two weeks. Keep in mind this is a lot of flow. You can always stick with one smaller nozzle.

Forced air newb question

Ive heard some people argue that forcible entry is breaching plus entry and taking over the place so you can say breaching to walk in the door. Thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread