+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Just another LQ9 swap

Just another LQ9 swap

So I've finally pulled the trigger on doing my swap. I've already got started, so pictures will be limited and possibly kinda boring but most of you have seen and or done these kinds of swaps anyways. I picked up a low mileage (96k) LQ9 out of an '05 Escalade. I did a full once over with a complete set of gaskets and seals that ended up costing much more than I anticipated ($500). It's completley stock except for long tube headers, CAI, and a light tune being done by the guys at Nelson Performance in San Antonio. I'll also be using the a/c and alternator brackets from Lextech (thanks again Jeff). I'm not looking for big numbers because this will be the engine to pull my Airstream around for a little while before I turn it into a full off-road expedition rig. I'm doing my own harness because I want to make everything work and look as if it came from the factory with this engine. The truck it's going into is a '98 K1500 ECSB with a 4L60E already in it but I'll be switching to the 80 later on this year. I'm terrible with posting pics so bear with me image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by Blasphemy; 01-20-2015 at 05:57 PM.

More progress
    Attached Images

Over 100 views and not even a "cool, man" ...well anyways...here's my god awful harness project in motion
    Attached Images

How about a hey man, someone stole your engine.

I plan to pull my LM7 and replace with a LQ4 or LQ9, how much did you pick yours up for?

95 C1500 LM7, built 4L60e, Circle D 3200, LT's, Nelson tune, open differential, 3.42, and LS1 e-fans. Tractionless

Quote Originally Posted by silverado_lover View Post
    I plan to pull my LM7 and replace with a LQ4 or LQ9, how much did you pick yours up for?
    I got mine for $2K out the door full drop out with 96K miles. But given what you already have (based on your sig), I would just buy the bare 6.0 iron block that summit has and build a badass bottom end out of that. The block is around $780, bored .030 over and machined for stroker clearance. Then just buy a decent rotating assembly and throw all your LM7 on and call it a day. I've spent over $3k total after all the little bits and pieces I needed for the swap to include a complete gasket set ($480) and headers ($305) and looking back, I should've just built a used LS6/1 but, you swap, you learn right?

And on another note, lt1swap.com is probably the best site ever when it comes to specific info about wiring and other pertinent swap info. That guy should get a frickin award for putting that site together.

Looking good man! That motor looks right at home in the engine bay. I'm leaning towards doing the same swap on my 96 Yukon 4X4 and doing the same thing with the harness so I'll be watching. You are correct about Brendan @ LT1Swap.com, boatload of wiring info.

looks awesome dude! pretty much the exact same thing im doing to my 96 k1500 ecsb 4x4 except mine is receiving a 4l80e at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
    Looking good man! That motor looks right at home in the engine bay. I'm leaning towards doing the same swap on my 96 Yukon 4X4 and doing the same thing with the harness so I'll be watching. You are correct about Brendan @ LT1Swap.com, boatload of wiring info.
    Ya I was pleasantly surprised at how well that motor sits in there and how much room I still have. I'll try to keep updates going on the harnes, but know this, it's far from easy. It just takes a lot of time and patience which I have neither of right now lol

Quote Originally Posted by SierraVortec View Post
    looks awesome dude! pretty much the exact same thing im doing to my 96 k1500 ecsb 4x4 except mine is receiving a 4l80e at the same time
    Ya, I was looking around for an 80 before I started the swap and it just wasn't happening. But leaving the 60 in will give me time to find and properly build a beefy 80 to put in.

+ Reply to Thread