+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: USA vs Mexico built trucks issue

USA vs Mexico built trucks issue

Didn't know where to post this. In November I wrecked my Yukon and it's a Mexico built truck. Apparently the fenders are different between them and USA/Canada trucks. I've bought a USA aftermarket fender and founder get it to fit. Is there anywhere I can buy the Mexico truck fenders new or used? Im not having any luck localy.

thats interesting. whats the difference? the mounting points?
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

I'm not sure honestly lol

Throw away that aftermarket fender and get an OEM fender, would have saved yourself the headache. Yes they cost more but at least it will fit! Oh and take it to a professional, that was your other mistake!

Take what to a "professional"? Lol if you cannot bolt on a fender something is wrong. I know aftermarket is generally junk I've gotten my money back from that deal. This is a general question trying to find out the differences so I buy the correct fender. GM or not I still have to have the correct one.

I've been doing paint and bodywork for 28 years and have never heard of such a thing. LOL I guess you wouldn't have posted this if could bolt a fender on!

You must be a wizard then. The part numbers are different also. I have no issue with buying a GM fender new but want to know what the difference is.

Not a wizard, I prefer autobody "GOD" LOL! I can honestly say I've not run across this in all my years of doing this, that being said it will probably happen tomorrow. Only issue I've seen with OEM fenders on older trucks is a fitment issue at hood hinge. No telling with the afterbirth part you had. where was it not aligning?

The top of the fender seemed like it was too long. It hit the door and extended farther than the edge of the hood. The lower front mounting point was about 2in away from where it should have been. I had to pretty much lift the fender to fit over the rad support.
    Attached Images
    03 yukon xl:intake, longtubes ory,performabuilt lvl2,circle D 278,tune, tint, lt1 fans
    92 z28: lb9 air foil vette servo magnaflow catback adjustable pan hard rod Lcas lcarbs
    86 trans am: lm7 hot cam th350 3500 stall

Looks like frame may be bent behind control arms and in front of cab mounts, this is a soft spot! If you can tie down the front of your frame rail, take a floor jack and lift in between these two points, the weight of the vehicle will do the work. Lifting at this point will bring the bottom of your fender back and lower the front down

+ Reply to Thread