+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: USA vs Mexico built trucks issue

Cool I'll try it out have a lead on a used factory fender I'm going to pickup. I've talked to a shop localy that has a frame machine that can do some tugging if it's needed. I hit a bmw while I was pulling a car trailer with my Trans Am on it. Guy came out of his lane trying to avoid rear ending the car in front of him and came out in front of me. He was at fault.
    Attached Images
    03 yukon xl:intake, longtubes ory,performabuilt lvl2,circle D 278,tune, tint, lt1 fans
    92 z28: lb9 air foil vette servo magnaflow catback adjustable pan hard rod Lcas lcarbs
    86 trans am: lm7 hot cam th350 3500 stall

you may be right. I work at a cadillac dealer and remember something about the mexican built vs. american escalades, but it seems like one of the models, like the EXT escalade that is only built in mexico, had something different about it than the OTHER escalade that is made in america..cant remember which models though, seems like the EXT was made in mexico, and the ESV and standard lenth one were made here and had differences like you describe..

i have a 04 yukon xl and i am looking for fenders.mine is mexican built.did you get the fender to fit .looks like with some work it will fit

is there a difference or what

Quote Originally Posted by mikerenza View Post
    is there a difference or what
    I couldn't get the fender to work I ended up sending it back and picked up a used OEM Mexico fender from a salvage yard. It fit much better but I ended up taking the thing to a frame shop and it had a weird bend in the frame that caused me to do a full part out instead sadly.

+ Reply to Thread