+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to buy good used engine?

Where to buy good used engine?

I have a 1999 silverado with the 4.8 and it has the bad castech heads and is leaking coolant into the oil, so, i am looking for a good quality used engine to drop in. Want to go with a 6.0 to avoid this leaking head problem again that the 4.8 and 5.3 could possibly have. Anyone know of a trustworthy place to buy a good 6.0 thats reasonably priced and will ship? I ordered one from AM used auto parts in tampa fl. but cancelled the order after seeing they are flagged on the BBB website and ripoff report.com. I thought it was too good to be true with the low mileage and price they had. I need to do something fast as this is our family vehicle.
    Thanks

What I did was watch in the paper(ads) asked friends,phoned around to wrecker yards(that were close) and bought a whole truck with a Ls 6.0 and a 4l80e tranny in it !!! It had around a 100,000 miles on it but these motors can go alot further than that. Being a picky person though I opened it up and cleaned it up (changes gaskets etc) and had the tranny gone over by a friend and I was ready for my swap( that still hasn't happened) due to lifes little problems coming up !! I then sold some parts off of it and when nobody wanted anything else sold it to the scrap yard again. In all I was out only a few hundred dollars and had what I wanted !! Just be patient is about the best advice I can give !!

car-part.com
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

Car-part.com
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

+ Reply to Thread