+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please help

please help

Ive got a 1998 chevy half ton 5.0, the starter keep engaging while the engine is running, i changed the starter and it still does it

Is your ignition switch sticking in the start position?

4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

It doesnt stick but maybe its loose and needs to be replaced, its not constant just engages every few minutes, i wasnt sure if this was something anyone else has run into, thank you for the reply

I did move the white box/wiring harness around the left side of my clutch pedal idk if maybe its something in there?

I changed my igintion switch, not the lock cylinder and its still not fixed, theres no remote starter either, any ideas?

Got a steering column from a 99 i think gmc, tried to swap it in but theres one thing im unsure of, theres some sort of sensor at the end of my old column theres 3 wires that come off it colors orange, gray and light blue, anyone know what this is for?

Check the C2 fuse block under the hood inside fuse/electrical center, there youll find starter relay its labeled on the fuse center lid, turn the fuse block assembly over. its the middle rectangular fuse block. you may have some wires crossing.

I'll take a look at that when it warms up, I put a toggle switch in temporarily so I could have my truck back, never would've thought of that thank you, I'll post if that's what it is or not when I get around to checking

It sounds like you have a short to power in the starter control circuit look for any frayed wires

+ Reply to Thread