+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4l80e shift linkage

4l80e shift linkage

Has anyone used lokars lok-aca-1800 on there 88-98 ls/4l80e swap?

Not yet, and not for the 4l80e, but I might have to use this shift kit for my 4l603 in my 1988 Blazer. From what I've found, there are three options that will work with the 4l60e and 4l80e: the Lokar 1800, the Transmission ShiftArm Connection kit from ShiftWorks.com http://www.shiftworks.com/kugel.htm, or just modify your stock linkage.

I was originally going to go with the Shiftworks kit until I called them and spoke with someone there - I think he might have been autistic or something - I couldn't get a straight answer out of him, and everything he said turned into an unrelated story about the cars he has had. Call me judgmental, but I decided to not buy this product because of him. I later spoke with Lokar about the 1800, and they said that the part would work perfect with the 4l60e so long as I could see a straight path from the end of my steering column to the transmission shifter. I imagine it is the same for the 4l80e, but I don't know it's changing points. Is it a four speed with overdrive like the 4l60e? I've heard that when you use these shift kits, you will lose 1st gear (I don't care all that much). Someone awhile back on a thread said that he has always used the stock shifting linkage, and that it usually just needs to be bent a little.

Hope this helps a little. Do you homework - call someone like Lokar and ask them questions. For fun, you can call Shiftworks.com too - maybe you will get to talk to the guy I did. If you are like me, no local mechanics will have any insight on this endeavor. I really don't think it's that hard, though. Let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by 88blazerboy; 09-20-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Let me know what you find out

+ Reply to Thread