+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nelson Tune Issue

Nelson Tune Issue

I received my Nelson tune for my 2000 GMC yesterday and worked on it from 6-11:30 last night and could not get rid of the PO1631 which is wrong theft code. My mechanic brought his scanner over and we preformed the relearn 6 times and the truck would only start for a quick second and die. Put stock computer back in and it fired up. I called it a night as I get up at 4am to go to work.

Called Nelson and they advised me that they have never had a problem with the relearn and I should do it again. I have done the relearn another 3 times and still get a no start issue. Anyone else have this problem or have any advice to shed on this issue?

Thanks in advance........

I know u have been trying and trying, but it's not a tune issue. It's a user/procedure issue.

Customers do the vats relearn all the time.

Like I offered today if u can't get it we can send another one out with vats disabled.

Just give us a call and we will send one.

I will call you tomorrow.

So nelson shipped me out another computer and it still will not start. So I am thinking there is something wrong with my truck. I am at my wits end with this relearn issue. I have had 2 other computes tuned from them and they both relearned fine. Does anyone have an idea of where to start or what to check next? I really don't want to tear everything apart to put the stock fan back on. Thanks in advance

So I finally got this figured out and it turns out! Here is where the problem was with my issue. Nelsons security relearn says

ATTENTION: Your vehicle may not start unless this procedure is performed. If your vehicle’s battery is low, it is recommended a battery charger be hooked up at this time. You may want to be outside your vehicle so shut the door, roll down the window. As it will take 40+ minutes to go through the cycle.

PROCEDURE:
    1. Insert key, turn the key to the ON (Accessory) position.
    In some vehicles, the Battery and Security light will blink for several seconds, and then shut off. In others the Security light will remain ON. Leave the ignition ON until the Security light goes OFF. If the light does not go off in about 12 minutes proceed to step 2. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO START!

2. Turn the ignition to the OFF position for 20 Seconds. Take Key out of ignition.

3. Insert key, turn the key to the ON (Accessory) position. If the light does not go off in about 12 minutes proceed to step 4. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO START!

4. Turn the ignition to the OFF position for 20 Seconds. Take Key out of ignition.

5. Insert key, turn the key to the ON (Accessory) position. If the light does not go off in about 12 minutes proceed to step 6. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO START!

6. Turn the ignition to the OFF position for 20 Seconds. Take Key out of ignition.

7. You can now attempt to START the vehicle.

FAQs:
    - The procedure was just completed now my car is making a clicking noise when I attempt to start it.
    Your battery may have become too weak to crank the engine over.

- I performed the procedure and my vehicle still doesn’t start. Please repeat the procedure again.

So I did the above 40+ times only to be told it was a user/ procedure problem with no results to the relearn working. So I started searching the web to see if I could find the issue. Here is what worked for my truck.

PROCEDURE:

1.Insert key, attempt to start the vehicle and leave the key in the ON position.
    In some vehicles, the Battery and Security light will blink for several seconds, and then shut off. Then the Security light will then remain ON. Leave the ignition ON until the Security light goes OFF. This will take more than 5 mins.

2.When the Security light goes OFF, turn the ignition to the OFF position.
    Leave ignition OFF for 20 Seconds.

3.Attempt to start the vehicle again and leave the key in the ON position.
    In some vehicles, the Battery and Security light will blink for several seconds, and then shut off. Then the Security light will then remain ON. Leave the ignition ON until the Security light goes OFF. This will take more than 5 mins.

4.Turn the ignition to the OFF position for 20 Seconds.

5.Attempt to start the vehicle again and leave the key in the ON position.

6.Once this entire procedure has been completed (three times) your vehicle will start on the fourth attempt.

On the 4th crank my truck fired up. So if you look at the 2 procedures you can see the difference is that you must start the truck after each of the sequences and Nelson's states to not start the truck!

Glad it's finally working.

+ Reply to Thread