+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5.3/5.7l 72mm turbo truck dyno results

How is the 340 pump holding up? Been thinking about buying one for almost your same set up. How much more do you think the pump can handle?

Anyway you can email me some pictures of the hot and cold side pipe? I'll pm you my email

1989 RCSS 5.3/4L60E swap
    - 224/230 .581.591 112lsa,
    - 3200 Stall
    - DJM 4/6 drop
    - Nelson Tuned

Building the truck GM never did..

Quote Originally Posted by shmiet View Post
    Went 12.34s @ 120.10mph

I didn't build a lot of boost at launch. I kept rolling on the brakes. With line lock I could prolly drop to mid 11's
    dang very nice! im hoping to drop into the 11's myself traction is my biggest issue at the moment.
    Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

good to hear it's running strong.

good post.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Stark View Post
    How is the 340 pump holding up? Been thinking about buying one for almost your same set up. How much more do you think the pump can handle?

Anyway you can email me some pictures of the hot and cold side pipe? I'll pm you my email

I would expect about 600rwhp on the pump alone. About 700rwhp with water/meth. Just an fyi I jumped from 530rwhp to 608 with the water/meth.

I will post the hot and cold side pics when I get home. Prolly a week or so

what are u spraying for meth? Im not running any at the moment. running 14psi think im 615-620 hp now and around 675 tq. I was at 600/656 on 12.5 psi. Been debating meth but that's one more issue that could go wrong? thoughs? how much you think id gain if I did? Im running stock head studs tho too

Quote Originally Posted by darnie1987 View Post
    what are u spraying for meth? Im not running any at the moment. running 14psi think im 615-620 hp now and around 675 tq. I was at 600/656 on 12.5 psi. Been debating meth but that's one more issue that could go wrong? thoughs? how much you think id gain if I did? Im running stock head studs tho too
    I used a Devils Own kit with dual nozzles. #3 and #7 nozzle which flows a lot haha. Its a cheap upgrade like $350-$400. Although I could build my own- now that I know what goes into it- for very cheap like $200.

So a few things to keep in mind. Water cools the cylinders far better than additional fuel which helps prevent detonation. The methanol resists detonation better than gasoline and has a higher octane. So now you have a higher octane, cleaner burning, air fuel mixture that allows for more timing. So with proper tuning you can expect a fair gain in power.

With a similar kit to mine, I would expect similar gains to what I had. keep in mind my tune is very safe for what I have in the motor- trans is my weak point.

gotcha, yea same here tranny and rearend is my weak link. i was debating a kit down the road. i also think my tunes pretty safe it runs pretty strong tho. Im also afraid to do to much with the Head bolts i got now.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Stark View Post

Here is the hotside piping. And for the cold side I didnt have the tool that rolls the bead so I just welded all the way around.

The downpipe is angled outwards now and I did fix the tranny leak too lol.
    Attached Images
    Back Alley Motorsports 98 GMC
    -5.3l LM7 bored to 5.7l Thompson Motorsports -72mm T4 Magnum Turbo
    -TU1 Custom Grind cam(spec speed.inc) -799 heads
    -.660" Trick Flow dual valve springs -Forged Probe Pistons 3.902" flat top

Looks good man, i need to get mine welded. I got a tranny leak too weairdly enough if i park the frount of the truck down hill it dont leak tho? lol its leaking somewhere up frount but not alot. Also gotta get my glange for my wastegate re done to when they welded it on it apparent;y got hot and warped alittle. Its a never ending battle with it leaking

Ya I did a lot of research on getting the vbands to seal. From what I've read, having it clamped while welding it is the best way to prevent warp. Also stitch weld it.

One big problem I had was welding the cast to the mild steel and getting 100% seal. Seemed like every now and then I'd find a pin hole and have to grind and re do it.

I'm not too happy with how it turned out but eh, it works lol

+ Reply to Thread