+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ordering parts for 5.3 turbo

ordering parts for 5.3 turbo

i just wanted to post something to get some opinions. truck is a ecsb 2001 2wd 5.3, I'm planning on leaving the bottom end stock with the stock cam for now. Top end will be stock 243 heads, prc valve springs, ls7 lifters, Pro comp"ebay" headstuds, and ls9 head gasket. turbo is a gt45, hotpipes will probably be kb racing because i want to reuse on my next truck which will be a 07+ 1500. I'm thinking aeromotive 340 stealth, 60 lb injectors, don't know what regulator yet. the 4l60e is being rebuilt with quite a bit of upgrades and will get a 278mm or 300mm circle d converter, i know 4l80e swap is a good option but i'm going to do low boost and daily drive it for the most part. I am on a budget and trying to get to best bang for the buck so please give me some input, I don't know what wastegate yet? i know i want good 44mm like tial. I want to try a cheap ebay bov, but not sure which one? And finally want else am i forgetting? Any advise would be appreciated very much!!!

Get a LS6/lS2 cam if you can it can usually really cheap and friendly to boost. I would go straight to 80e. You can get a low mileage unit for $500 add a shift kit and you can hold 700hp. I would go with a different fuel pump. Either AEM 320 or walbro 400. Same stall is avaible for 80e only an extra $100. Godspeed makes a decent product for BOV. Otherwise you are on a great path.
    Last edited by kerrige; 08-17-2014 at 12:13 AM.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Thanks a lot! The aem 320 pump seems like a deal. I think I might go ahead and go with a 80e. I can find early 80e locally cheap, like 92-96ish. But I'm a little worried about the shifter cable/prnd21 display, I'm really picky on that kind of stuff, the rest seems pretty strait forward. As far as cams I wanted to get everything going and then when I want to step it up I'll get a good cam. I wanted to get rid of my g80 and get some trac bars first

If you are swapping springs and lifters etc then you should just swap cams now. I would suggest isky triple 12 or speed inc TU0 both great deals and perfect boost cams. Do it right the first time and go 80e they are extremely boost friendly and getting cheaper by the day it seems.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

+ Reply to Thread