+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 90 chevy p/u 5.7 with 5lm60 transmission lq9 conversion

90 chevy p/u 5.7 with 5lm60 transmission lq9 conversion

Just wondering if anybody on here has done this swap, I've read many threads but have yet to find somebody with the 5lm60 transmission

would like to know if its even possible to bolt this up to an lq9
    what flex plate should i use?
    is there a spacer that needs to be put in?
    what pilot and or throw out bearings should i go with?
    and can I use my stock clutch?
    any help is appreciated, thanks guys

I'm sure it can and has been done but I think you should reconsider using that trans behind a 6.0. They are notoriously week and problematic.
    97 RCSB . 2WD . 5.3 . 4l60E . E-FANS . PNP 706s . TSP 228R . 3600 STALL . HD2 . VETTE SERVO . 3.73s . 2" DROP
    TURBO IN THE WORKS

From my previous experience with the 5lm60, you should buy a catchers mitt for the flying parts and a couple of bags of cat litter to clean up the mess on the ground.

I will change the transmission later on down the road, I was just curious to see what all is required to do the swap.

hey, I have a 90 c1500 with a 5.3 swap and that 5lm60 trans...I used a 4.8 flywheel part number was sachs 1050sw I think...and stock clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing with mine....got about 3500 miles on it so far from red light to red light....and no parts broke...yet...but they are notorious for breaking....so have a spare one laying around..

T-56 is a lot cheaper in the long run......

+ Reply to Thread