+ Reply to Thread

Thread: updated tune + dyno tuning finally a good numbers

updated tune + dyno tuning finally a good numbers

for everyone to know what it was before i change things around :

5.3 bolt on + big cam , under 290hp ?

i was frustrated and a little bit angry at the same time but i sit my mind to make new plan ( 1 7/8 LTs Kooks + 3" ORY - used 799 heads - Edelbrock 90mm tb - slp crank pulley - e-fans ) .

i would like to thank so many people especially beau from texas speed a great guy to do business and have solution for every thing , and oakley6575 for helpful input and answers to my problems , my tuner ryan abo sandok for a tremendous work on my truck he did one hill of a jop to tame it right .

we have faced leaking exhaust + one fan didn't work for some time + a hot weather that hit 96.8F ,

the base tune without dyno run ( Pic ) :

tuning pics :

Vid :

04 sierra on dyno 353 hp 338 tq - YouTube

this thing pull hard but in a N\A setup you may need 3300+ converter and 4.10

next is trick turbo kit + genx 215 heads + Vic jr if needed ( 90% )

kerrige what do you think ?

Thanks a lot for reading

Sounds like a solid setup. I see no need for the genx heads and intake if your going to boost it, money better spent on suporting mods for turbo. If you have the 799 heads those are the best flowing cathederal port heads from GM. Plenty of guys doing 1k hp on 317s, more or less same head as 243,799 with diff chamber size. Now if your going for every bit of power or money aint a problem then go all out lol.
    Last edited by RS/SS 4.8; 07-11-2014 at 07:06 AM.

4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

Wow congrats those numbers look great. As you can see a big stall would do wonders and it looks extremely healthy. I love how flat the torque curve is especially in a NA build. If I understand correctly the difference between the first run at 290 and this one at over 350 was headers, pulley, 90mm tb, Efans, and that's it? Extremely nice work. I think a 3600 stall would make this a killer.

If you are planning on a turbo I would agree with above that you should keep your 799 heads, and current intake manifold. Throw money at the boost support(fuel setup, good turbo, etc) unless you are pushing big power it won't be worth the money. I would do more cubes before a Vic JR. Also if you plan on boost sooner rather than later I would spec the stall a little lower. (3000ish)
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

as a person who has a set of TFS heads on a 53. i had them lying around so i tossed them on my crewcab...anytime you free up flow you gain power but for the cost it may not be worth it to you to do so

so find out your final goal and then realize what your plans are for budget...1800 or 2200 into heads can be spent elsewhere
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

A good set of aftermarket heads are always well worth it.
    Brown truck gained 6mph in the quarter mile without touching anything.
    I'm sure it would have been more if we were pushing it harder.

Sounds like a solid setup. I see no need for the genx heads and intake if your going to boost it, money better spent on suporting mods for turbo. If you have the 799 heads those are the best flowing cathederal port heads from GM. Plenty of guys doing 1k hp on 317s, more or less same head as 243,799 with diff chamber size. Now if your going for every bit of power or money aint a problem then go all out lol.
    What you say is true , when i think about it boost will work his way with this heads or aftermarket ones , i still have stock 4l60e which won't hold to any thing higher , time to get TSI th-400
    thanks bud

Wow congrats those numbers look great
    thanks buddy .

As you can see a big stall would do wonders and it looks extremely healthy. I love how flat the torque curve is especially in a NA build. If I understand correctly the difference between the first run at 290 and this one at over 350 was headers, pulley, 90mm tb, Efans, and that's it? Extremely nice work. I think a 3600 stall would make this a killer.
    yeah a stall will make this thing eat , yup those are the difference plus nnbs intake and 799 heads final run was around 363hp 342 tq which is more than what i was shooting for .

If you are planning on a turbo I would agree with above that you should keep your 799 heads, and current intake manifold. Throw money at the boost support(fuel setup, good turbo, etc) unless you are pushing big power it won't be worth the money. I would do more cubes before a Vic JR. Also if you plan on boost sooner rather than later I would spec the stall a little lower. (3000ish)
    i will keep oem staff for now , i will try for a trans first th400 from TSI then i will see about stall speed , rear end look great 3.08 will work great ,

thanks a lot buddy you have been helpful all the time

as a person who has a set of TFS heads on a 53. i had them lying around so i tossed them on my crewcab...anytime you free up flow you gain power but for the cost it may not be worth it to you to do so

so find out your final goal and then realize what your plans are for budget...1800 or 2200 into heads can be spent elsewhere
    yeah i forgot my trans when i wrote my next mods , heads are expensive and will take a lot of money
    i will for now buy new trans and ARP bolts for connecting rod and heads .
    thanks

+ Reply to Thread