+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6.85 n/a with 1.47 60'

6.85 n/a with 1.47 60'

I met up with a couple buddies at the track tonight. drove in and dropped the tire pressure to 17psi and shot the shit with them for 20 minutes.

pass 1:

1.47 60'
    6.85 1/8
    100mph

I was excited about the 60' time, but it was supposed to be my baseline pass before giving it a little more power (atleast I hoped to give it more power)

I lightly touched the rev limiter on the 2/3 shift so I dug into the transmission table to get it fixed and found that I'm only shifting 6,800 rpm and this combo should hit a sweet spot around 7,200 rpm or so. I got even more excited! bumped the shifts to 7200, rev limiter at 7,500 rpm. I also went ahead and gave 2 more degrees timing across the board since I am still on my baseline tune that I first started the truck up (hense the 6800 shift point that I didn't know about). it was at a total of 33* and I expect the motor to take 34-35.

in the burn box I felt the motor missing. never done that. it shit all over itself and I aborted the pass. didn't even look at the slip. thinking it had to do something with my changes I backed everything back but kept the shift point at 7100. same shit, different pass. my ignition box is only seeing 12.7-13.2ish with the truck running. it's never done this before but it has me pissed. I was ready to get a good pass in

oh well, a new best on motor and drag radials exactly how I drive it on the street. And finally dipped into the 1.4 range on drag radials. not bad for the 3rd trip to the track. the ignition problem is chapping my ass thoughi went in wanting atleast a 6.7x. it's always something.

old mod list: H/C/I/N/E/G 408
    new mod list: 5.3, gears/posi, mufler and tune : (

oh, this isn't with the outdated sig pic truck. moved on to lighter easier to hook trucks

Quote Originally Posted by TXsilverado View Post
    I met up with a couple buddies at the track tonight. drove in and dropped the tire pressure to 17psi and shot the shit with them for 20 minutes.

pass 1:

1.47 60'
    6.85 1/8
    100mph

I was excited about the 60' time, but it was supposed to be my baseline pass before giving it a little more power (atleast I hoped to give it more power)

I lightly touched the rev limiter on the 2/3 shift so I dug into the transmission table to get it fixed and found that I'm only shifting 6,800 rpm and this combo should hit a sweet spot around 7,200 rpm or so. I got even more excited! bumped the shifts to 7200, rev limiter at 7,500 rpm. I also went ahead and gave 2 more degrees timing across the board since I am still on my baseline tune that I first started the truck up (hense the 6800 shift point that I didn't know about). it was at a total of 33* and I expect the motor to take 34-35.

in the burn box I felt the motor missing. never done that. it shit all over itself and I aborted the pass. didn't even look at the slip. thinking it had to do something with my changes I backed everything back but kept the shift point at 7100. same shit, different pass. my ignition box is only seeing 12.7-13.2ish with the truck running. it's never done this before but it has me pissed. I was ready to get a good pass in

oh well, a new best on motor and drag radials exactly how I drive it on the street. And finally dipped into the 1.4 range on drag radials. not bad for the 3rd trip to the track. the ignition problem is chapping my ass thoughi went in wanting atleast a 6.7x. it's always something.

nicely done! and not even in a full ready state!!
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

What motor you have in it? My buddy has a 377 in his s10 and he's gathering up stuff to build a 408.

Damn that cracker jack box of yours moves out!
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

it is a stock bottom LS tYpE 2 6.0 with TEA trick-flow heads and a generation FiVe stage IV cam and hypnotic 93 octane fuel. all motor.
    Last edited by TXsilverado; 06-30-2014 at 10:22 AM.

That's getting it done stew..10s for not much money
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

More money than i wanted to spend lol. A lot less than it would take a full size to run a 10 if you include the cost of the truck. I always wanted to do this w a s10. Now im kicking myself for not doing it sooner

Spray it spray it spray it
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

i already have the nitrous outlet stinger kit with a dedicated fuel cell....but an ignition problem lika i had last weekend could have ruined my weekend. i need a few successful weekends in a row straight without any hickups before i'm willing to lay some dope on it. i also want to make a few passes from the T-brake and 2step. besides, i'm pretty confident i can get a 6.60 out of it N/A. especailly with some better weather. i'm not super excited about having to pull the converter to be tightened up for the nitrous either.

+ Reply to Thread