+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Budget friendly build

Budget friendly build

So, help me build my motor up some! If it were your motor, and wanted something completely enjoyable to drive in terms of "streetable" or "daily driver", what would you do?

As it sits, it is a complete LY6 pullout. I am not 100% certain just yet that I will build and keep it, but I'm tossing around the idea.

I've put off my airride until I make a final decision. It will be going into my crew cab, or possibly a f-body roller or rcsb.

I don't want to do head work, MAY do a cam, but a smallish one. Of course everything will be gone through and new gaskets will be bought and bolts. I'm thinking replacing the wheel is cheaper than the 58x box.

LS3 intake?

Small cam(218/226), delete the VVT, keep the intake manifold maybe put in a better throttle body, longtube headers, keep it simple really if you want to keep the stock heads.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Vvt will be deleted. I'll probably go with cal speed or obx/dna or xs or whoever the hell has cheap stainless options. Suggestions on tb? Any real reason to upgrade it? Injectors, aren't these the 41#?

LY6 injectors are only 30#.

Last edited by fast450ridr; 06-23-2014 at 06:34 AM.

I remember reading that the vans had one, and the trucks had another. I will see if I can find it again.

ETA: it seems I got mixed up, LS3=41...I've got too much info flowing through my head.
    Last edited by Jared; 06-23-2014 at 07:53 AM.

anyone else?

+ Reply to Thread