+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A different friday night story long no vid

Wink A different friday night story long no vid

This past Friday after work I was told go to this town there is a lot of bad rides.
    So after work my buddy and I head that way 1200 am
    This same week graduation week so the local Walmart is pack with kids with there parents money in there rides.
    I pull up and say I want to race don't care what is just want to kick them. Mustangs, camaro, diesel trucks, gas trucks. And no body wants to race this unknown guy cammed truck.
    So they call there buddy the fastest truck around the guy to beat.
    They say he lives 3 miles away be here in 5 mins away.
    20 mins later no show. I say he can't be that fast if its taking him this long go 3 miles.
    They say he's getting fuel.
    10 mins later he shows up. This isn't no kid with daddy money big country boy.
    Bigger single turbo, no bottle.
    01 duramax ex cab 1 stack traction bars under truck. Truck is squatted on 4 wheel drag radials.
    He walks.up says nice truck I hear u looking to race I said yeah.
    He ask are u running a bottle.
    I said no do u need me to POP the hood.
    He said no that's all I needed to know.
    They tell me where we are going and they will have road block off.
    ARM drop after flash are lights. To slow down when u get to apartment complex.
    So I follow him when we get there its just like the movies 20 to 30 cars.
    I'm thinking we can't race with all this traffic around he said there all here to watch.
    Normally bout 4 cars total I see at a race kids where every where.
    Line up
    I spin he don't
    He basically gets me by 10 to 15 bus lenghts
    go back to his shop.
    he shows me dyno sheets and time slips.
    11s in 1/4 and 800hp to ground.
    I ask for.another race 2wd to 2wd
    he said he.would but he broke tyranny on launch. he's stuck in high loc now. he would have fix in a week.

now I'm ordering drag radials.
    getting a traction bar or something for the.rear
    get it to hook good
    then the bottle.
    00 rcsb, ls1, cammed, 4l80, 40k tru cool cooler, 3600 stall, 4.10, 3'' exhaust, LT headers, tunned, truion upgrade, 918 springs, e fan, 2" drop, M&H drag radials
    14 CAMRY DD
    03 ccsb cummins, 4'' straight exhaust, fass 150, smarty jr programmer wifes DD

like the ole saying says spinning aint winning lol!!

cool story, i'd luv to have raced him back in the day lol!! been there and done that i miss the lunch money
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

Yeah. Had a lot of fun. Guy in duramax was really cool. We knew some of the same gear heads.

Ready go back when I get truck to hook.
    00 rcsb, ls1, cammed, 4l80, 40k tru cool cooler, 3600 stall, 4.10, 3'' exhaust, LT headers, tunned, truion upgrade, 918 springs, e fan, 2" drop, M&H drag radials
    14 CAMRY DD
    03 ccsb cummins, 4'' straight exhaust, fass 150, smarty jr programmer wifes DD

Sounds like u had fun. Nobody wants to look at my truck twice after they hear it idle. Its not even an big cam just a 220 in a 4.8 but they say otherwise lol.

4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

+ Reply to Thread