+ Reply to Thread

Thread: weight distribution

weight distribution

1997 chevy truck trying to get ideas on what is reasonable front/rear weight ratio

heres the truck and heres what it weighed today with me sitting in it (240 lbs). i already have a fuel cell in the rear but i still have to run the lines so the stock tank is still in the middle of the truck. also plan on moving the battery to the bed as well when i run the fuel lines. any other ideas?

edit:ABS an A/C are also deleted, power steering is going to stay

1997 RCSB, AES 390 + 4L80E transplant, F1A Procharger, #160 injectors, Magnafuel 750, Schoenfield Longtubes, 3" flowmasters, Steve Morris Bullit cam, Circle D 3k stall, Ford 9" rear, Homemade Caltrac bars.

Wow that is pretty good. Creeping on 4,000lbs.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

My 97 is pretty stripped. I weighed it at LS fest last fall and with me in it (200 pounds) it weighed 3820. Fuel cell and battery are in the back, 4 linked rear suspension with coil overs, tubular front suspension. Still has full interior. I wish i knew what the actual weight ratio is though.
    http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/JMinor00/chevy-1.jpg
    White 1992 C1500 RIP, lost to fire
    Orange 1997 C1500 Autocross truck

Quote Originally Posted by Chevlowrider View Post
    My 97 is pretty stripped. I weighed it at LS fest last fall and with me in it (200 pounds) it weighed 3820. Fuel cell and battery are in the back, 4 linked rear suspension with coil overs, tubular front suspension. Still has full interior. I wish i knew what the actual weight ratio is though.
    Is this the truck that burned in recent years?

Yes that was the truck that burned :/............. If you look closely to the placard on the front of the truck almost dead center you can see when the truck was on the auto cross and it was wearing the charred white fender. Truck looks sick keep up the good work

I personally think he shoulda cleared right over that fender and left it to show how that truck made a MAJOR come back. Forget painted on flames... that fender went thru the real thing! Lol :-) IT IS BAD ASS THO.

Quote Originally Posted by kewljay223 View Post
    I personally think he shoulda cleared right over that fender and left it to show how that truck made a MAJOR come back. Forget painted on flames... that fender went thru the real thing! Lol :-) IT IS BAD ASS THO.
    It looks great now! Glad to see it's back up and kickin a$$

+ Reply to Thread