+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headers??

Headers??

Hows it going guys?? Im new to this forum and well I saw this section and its exactly what I am doing.. I purchased my youngers brothers 1991 454 SS and am currently putting a lq4 in it. The Lq4 was taken apart and getting was rebuilt and the block painted black. I am doing a 226/230 112lsa cam with milled 317 heads and a 3000 stall, efans and the usual bolt ons. Tranny 4l80. I do have one question, with the headers I was told Schoienfield because regular long tubes wont fit because of the frame? Is this true and if it is, I am not sure which schoenfield headers I need?? Any help would be nice. Thank you

Before this I had a 2005 full bolt and cammed SSS.

Some photos

Nice truck, and welcome!! There's only one header that Schoenfeld makes to fit Chevy Trucks with an LS motor, part # 1302LS1. They fit great on 2WD Chevy trucks 67 and up. There only one "complaint that I have aginst them, and that's the collector area has no flange, isn't expanded for slip joints, etc... What I'm going to do for my swap tomorrow is getting a exhaust expander so I can slip pipe into the header (cheapest best option for me), and clamp it guten tight. Also, I bought the plain plainted headers, b/c I'm modifying my headers and my local coater can ceramic coat the headers cheaper than the extra expense spent at Schoenfeld. If you got any questions about part #'s and such just shoot me a PM, I've saved them all.

Welcome to the site. The purest's will be hatin on this one but I like what your doing.

Here is the link to the page for these headers. I bought them from Summit Racing for less than directly from Schoenfeld.

http://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/LS1-TRUCK.htm

I guess as demand goes up, so does the price. They are now the same price as getting direct.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sch-1302ls1
    Been lurking since 09 and I finally have my kickass 6.0 LQ4
    LQ4 LQ9 6.0L Engine Service Manual Save to your computer in case it disappears

Super nice truck. Keep us posted on the progress
    97 RCSB . 2WD . 5.3 . 4l60E . E-FANS . PNP 706s . TSP 228R . 3600 STALL . HD2 . VETTE SERVO . 3.73s . 2" DROP
    TURBO IN THE WORKS

Thanks guys, I know my bro got so pissed at me that I sold the 454 motor.. but hey its my truck and I didnt want to deal with that old school technology to be honest. Yeah ill get some more photos soon, its actually in the finally stages of being completed.

change those pistons to LQ9 and you will still TECHNICALLY have an SS motor... haha
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

as a fellow ss owner that just got to rip on his for the first time a couple days ago, you'll love the swap. The shoenfields fit like a glove with 1" setback plates. Everything from the bellhousing back stayed right were it was. Super simple swap that's going to put a smile on your face the first time you mash it!

Quote Originally Posted by 12thstreetjunkman View Post
    as a fellow ss owner that just got to rip on his for the first time a couple days ago, you'll love the swap. The shoenfields fit like a glove with 1" setback plates. Everything from the bellhousing back stayed right were it was. Super simple swap that's going to put a smile on your face the first time you mash it!

Awesome bro!! I bet, hey do you mind if I ask what EFANS you ending up using? A buddy of mine gave me some he had they are from the 1997-2004 C5 Corvettes.. I havent had time to go down the shop to see if they fit.. Thanks

I've got the 05 or 06 up fans. Don't have them on in that pic, but I put them on before I did the swap. You have to do a fair amount of trimming on them to get them to tuck up to the radiator, but fit good once trimmed. Here is a pic of them when was still big block

+ Reply to Thread