+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 94 c1500 wiring to help you

94 c1500 wiring to help you

So those of you that need help with wiring ive done the wiring on my 94 c1500. Figured id share what i know to help yall out.
    Speedo wire is behind glove box, theirs a white box called the drac has 2plugs in it. The larger of the 2 plugs their is a light blue with black striped wire. wire your vss wire from your Ls harness to that wire. My speedo reads correctly. The Tcc wire is also behind glove box its in the black/blue connector, its a purple wire. Tac wire is the white wire in the engine bay that went to your distributor. Coolant temp is a single green wire that went to your orginal coolant temp, oil pressure is a tan wire. I used an adapter for oil pressure sensor and used the old tbi sensor in the ls block. For anything 12v constant i ran to the juntion box on passenger side firewall. Key 12v i used the big red wire that was with the tac wire. If you need more info let me know. This is the info i tried to get when i first started my swap, thought it would help speed some people along. If yall need pictures let me know ill take some.

Quote Originally Posted by dickwiley View Post
    So those of you that need help with wiring ive done the wiring on my 94 c1500. Figured id share what i know to help yall out.
    Speedo wire is behind glove box, theirs a white box called the drac has 2plugs in it. The larger of the 2 plugs their is a light blue with black striped wire. wire your vss wire from your Ls harness to that wire. My speedo reads correctly. The Tcc wire is also behind glove box its in the black/blue connector, its a purple wire. Tac wire is the white wire in the engine bay that went to your distributor. Coolant temp is a single green wire that went to your orginal coolant temp, oil pressure is a tan wire. I used an adapter for oil pressure sensor and used the old tbi sensor in the ls block. For anything 12v constant i ran to the juntion box on passenger side firewall. Key 12v i used the big red wire that was with the tac wire. If you need more info let me know. This is the info i tried to get when i first started my swap, thought it would help speed some people along. If yall need pictures let me know ill take some.
    Thanks a lot I've been looking around for this. I'm also doing the swap into my 94 1500 and have a couple of questions. I've read about some guys using the factory firewall to hook up the harness I just don't get it though. Im making my own 4 wire standalone harness and that's really what I'm itchin to know at the moment. Also some say I will be needing parts of the tbi harness some don't. I'm confused on that part as well. Some input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot--I am sure it will help alot of people !! I would probably post pictures if it were me! I haven't started my swap yet but sure as H will need to remember this for down the road !! Thanks again !!

Is it the same for A 1991 chevy

The wire colors may be different. At least they differ between the '93 and the '94.
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

This is for 95 as well! Didn't change till 96.

Who knows the colors wires of the fuel gauge? ?

Sorry guys been super busy. I still need to sort through pictures and take some pictures as well.

Quote Originally Posted by elpelavacas1 View Post
    Who knows the colors wires of the fuel gauge? ?
    Why are you lookin for the fuel gauge wires? Aftermarket gauge? Just trace from tank along the frame up to the gauge. I never messed with that on my truck it stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LOWnEASY View Post
    This is for 95 as well! Didn't change till 96.
    You are correct but a few of the wires may be different colors but in the same place confuses some people.

+ Reply to Thread