+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MSD 8969 help

MSD 8969 help

Ok guys I'm stumped I've searched and can't find my answers I'm looking for.
    I bought the MSD8969 window switch I'm wanting my 2nd stage nitrous to shut off before I shift. And come back on after it's shifts. I have a arming switch goin to a full throttle switch.
    How do I wire it up?
    Will I have to set it everytime I turn on my truck or does it save the info I put in it?

Thanks for the help..

Does any one have any info for me?

Use your WOT switch to trigger a relay that'll send the RPM signal.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Do the instructions say anything about the device disabling at a certain rpm, then notices a drop after the shift, then rearms?
    I just remember a switch out there that did this.
    Notices rpm fluctuation and rearms after a shift.

Quote Originally Posted by SS-PEREZ View Post
    Ok guys I'm stumped I've searched and can't find my answers I'm looking for.
    I bought the MSD8969 window switch I'm wanting my 2nd stage nitrous to shut off before I shift. And come back on after it's shifts. I have a arming switch goin to a full throttle switch.
    How do I wire it up?
    Will I have to set it everytime I turn on my truck or does it save the info I put in it?

Thanks for the help..

That switch really isn't going o do what you are wanting. Granted you can have it disengage the nitrous at a certain RPM but while the truck is shifting and the RPMs are dropping it will engage the nitrous again as soon as it gets back in the RPM window.

As far as the wiring goes the red wire goes to switched 12 volts (Ignition), Black wire goes to ground, then the white wire goes to a tach signal (Normally an injector) then the yellow wire goes to the ground side of your nitrous relay. You do not use the gray wire, and yes it does save the information even when it does not have power.

Trey

nitrousexpress.com
    facebook page
    youtube channel
    join newsletter

Pm, Call (888)463-2781, or email Trey@nitrousexpress.com for Tech or sales

MADE Proudly IN THE USA

Thanks for the help guys

+ Reply to Thread