+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ls swap 4.3l to 5.3l

Ls swap 4.3l to 5.3l

I know this subject is worn out buy now, but I have some questions and need answers quick. I have a 02 sierra 4.3l with a 5 speed and I have a 5.3 out of a 2011 silverado. What all do I need to do...I know that I have to change motor mounts and the 5.3 came with everything that was on it from the factory. But some of my main concerns are: will it bolt up to my 5 speed trans, what will I need to do to make the throttle body work (I know that they were electric after 03+) just basically I need to know some of the electrical things that I'll have to do or that I'll have to have someone else do like having the computer programmed...Any help will be greatly appreciated.

if you're too dumb to research a little on your own, you're too dumb to pull off the swap. There's been dozens of members on this site who have done the swap, myself included. There's just as many threads about it.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

We offer an LSx stand alone engine harness that can be custom designed to your exact needs and is show quality.
    Extra effort is made to ensure the harness layout comfortably fits the engine while maintaining a exact fit.

All harnesses are built with new, OEM connectors, terminals and seals. Every crimp is performed with approved tooling.
    This ensures 100% continuity throughout the entire engine harness.

All wiring is TXL heat rated which has a thin coating to reduce the size of the harness thickness.
    This allows for easier bending and routing, which gives a clean look.

Every harness has incorporated a fuse block, ignition relay, fuel pump relay, data link connector with an LED ses light and our easy 4-wire hookup.

The harness is then covered with a black nylon mesh that protects the wires from abrasion and gives the harness a professional look.

Before the engine harness is shipped to the customer, it is thoroughly tested by verifying each pin and terminal pinout. The harness is installed on our engine test stand to verify functionality and operation.
    We go a step further to ensure our customer is never faced with a harness issue; we verify every component is functioning while the engine is running with our diagnostic tool.
    A check list ensures each sensor is verified.

When the customer receives the harness and installs it, they can rest assure that their conversion will start up the first time!

In addition to engine harnesses, we also offer PCM/ECM programming, fan control harnesses and misc wiring solutions.

Feel free to email myself at roy@nelsonperformance.com or give us a call at (210)626-0278.

+ Reply to Thread