+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Torrington bearings

Torrington bearings

I've been rebuilding my 4L80e transmission and am all the way up to the front band assembly but I'm stuck because I have two Torrington bearings left. I have the Atsg book and video and it doesn't show where they go. Up intell this point I followed the book and I used the one that goes in the output carrier assembly.

What else could this 2 go I would think you would need one between the center support and direct clutch?

My questions are does one go between the center support and direct clutch housing?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by LQ4-TURBO; 03-17-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Nope thise go in the bottom planet assembly. U left them out

Quote Originally Posted by 408Lbb View Post
    Nope thise go in the bottom planet assembly. U left them out
    okay thanks man I'll go back through and check everything

Check to see if you have a bearing in this location.
    99 rcsb silverado...... boosted.

Thanks again 408Lbb I did leave The bearings out of the plant.

How do you guys measure the forward clutch pack? The pressure plate is in the way plus I soaked the clutchs in transmission fluid and I think that they are throwing off my readings but I can't really get a feeler gage in there from what I can tell there's almost no play?

I've read on a forum that it's okay in the forward clutch because it stays closed all the time?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by LQ4-TURBO; 03-20-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Does anybody know what size the bolts are that bolt the 4l80e pump to the transmission case? I lost them...

Also I've noticed a few pictures that some people put the over drive case in with out it attached to the pump. The reason I ask because is the book it tells me to use the snap ring that keeps all of it together but makes it real hard to seat the pump in.

Can I just leave the snap ring out in put them in separate?

Put the overrun drum in on top the forward drum. Then stack the center suport and snap ring. Then put pump in.

Quote Originally Posted by 408Lbb View Post
    Put the overrun drum in on top the forward drum. Then stack the center suport and snap ring. Then put pump in.
    Thanks that will make it a lot easier

Trying to measure the resistance on the different components of the valve body like the 1/2 shift solenoid and the 2/3 shift solenoid etc and can't find it in the 4l80e manual.

Can any if you tell me where it's located at? Thanks
    Last edited by LQ4-TURBO; 03-31-2014 at 04:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread