+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 bolt rear end to 12 bolt

10 bolt rear end to 12 bolt

I have a 95 Silverado and I got a deal on a rear end with posi. And 3:73 gears. Just wondering before I buy if it will fit I believe it's off a 83 c10

You will have to move the shock mounts and leaf spring plates
    But other then that. Should be good to go

I got a 1966-12 bolt(posi with 3.73)and I am hoping it will fit my 94 xten GMC. I heard I will have to move a few things too but other then that it is an inch or so narrower than the 10 bolt !!! Anybody--come across this !!! Thanks

Anybody do this !!!

I dont have it here to measure it for sure but I believe it to be an inch or so narrower/ I thought I would have to cut off the perches,etc,but is everthing else a go or what !!!

Any body know anything about this; I really would like to use it if possible and keep everything chevy !!! The guy told me I just need to cut off perches and set the rear end angle !!! C'mon----------------------- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truck 12 bolt is 64-1/4" axle flange to axle flange.

Thanks--but what is my 94 GMC xten cab (10 bolt) axle flange to axle flange !!!

According to Diff Wizard the axles alone are 1 and 1/4 difference !! Not sure on the diff itself though !! Thanks so far !!

+ Reply to Thread