+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: planning ls swap f150

planning ls swap f150

In starting the planning process on converting a 95 swb f150 to a 4.8/5.3 4l60e instead of the tired old inline six and junk 5spd that are there any info on where to look and research will be helpfully and appreciated some of my questions include

can I use all aftermarket gauges

Should I be able to remove the factory ecu or will it be needed for lights wipers and the such

Any help will be much aprreciated

Yes, all aftermarket gauges will work. They usually are supplied with the sensor/sender as well.

Def removed the factory ecu, it won't be needed and less mess.

here's one.
    http://www.ls1truck.com/newstorage/pics/codytat/

think I just threw up in my mouth. But I guess if you want that ford to run fast give it a chevy motor

this sites name is LS1Truck.com Not LS1GeneralMotorsOnlyTruck.com ANY LS motor in ANY Truck is allowed on this site in my book. I say do the swap, race a lightning and let him wonder how you got your f150 moving that fast on a "ford" motor!!
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

^Put an LS in anything, my neighbor has been watching my conversion and has decided to do his Ford Bronco with a 5.3. Go for it, you will definetly be happy with the end result.
    Last edited by Bear; 03-14-2014 at 07:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    1994 Chevy C1500 RCSB 05' DBW 5.3 Conversion Complete
    My build

Coming soon ....... Full Repaint, 214/220 Cam, Yukon Posi with 3.73's, remove body lift

above f150 getting faster, forged sixo going in and a th400 as i type. i'll post up pics.
    it'll be a while before it moves on its own power, truck leaving getting the back half done.

Thanks for the answers farmtruc and I am typically a ford guy but when I started tossing around the idea of motor swapping the truck I decided you can't argue with the reliability and everything the ls motors offer they are also easier to come by than the mod motors so why not no one will know cause I won't have to open the hood

Some people might notice that your f-150 sounds alot like a corvette--- LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by exboatracer View Post
    Some people might notice that your f-150 sounds alot like a corvette--- LOL.
    If all goes as in mind corvette wound be what they hear lol

Which brings me to my next question would the 4.8 or 5.3 be better for reliably taking about 10_12 psi

Both 4.8 and 5.3 take 10-12 very reliably. 4.8s seem to do better with higher boost #s, but thats not to say 5.3's dont either. You have the IAT and fuel under control with either the 4.8/5.3 and you are golden with boost.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

+ Reply to Thread