+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cummins mechanic wants to show how to go fast easy and cheap

cummins mechanic wants to show how to go fast easy and cheap

I love diesel trucks, don't get me wrong. I work on them everyday and they are amazingly machines for many things/aplications, but this new diesel hotrod trend is making alot of people think it's a really good or even the best budget drag race/daily driver. In my opionion you can't beat a stock 6.4 that makes 500 rwhp with just a tune and a dpf delete but the truck weighs 8000 pounds... so you boost launch in 4x4. They will runs 13s but if you break anything expensive would be an understatement. And a cummins you need at least injector nozzles, new turbo, and very expensive trans built that will shift so hard in daily driving sucks.

So I want to get my old truck which is a 2001 ecsb 2wd lm7 auto in the 13s, but make it nice on the street. The truck is bone stock but I have long tubes, 243 heads(will cut .030), and nitrous botle, siliniod, and one long ss line. I was thinking the 278mm circle d, trans go shift kit maybe rebuild, 8.1 injectors and a buddy with hp tuner. And what cam?

You are on the right path for sure.
    Cam, heads, spray, stall,and tune can get you 13s as long as your truck isn't a total pig and depending on the size of the shot. A good 150wet shot will get you deep into the 13s.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    You are on the right path for sure.
    Cam, heads, spray, stall,and tune can get you 13s as long as your truck isn't a total pig and depending on the size of the shot. A good 150wet shot will get you deep into the 13s.
    With that much you better be mid 12s, lol. Gears and a converter will be big on getting it rolling. 224/224 on a 112 lsa with a 3600 converter will get you good times and a fun daily. Just be ready for mileage to suffer!
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

+ Reply to Thread