+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bullet before cutout?

Bullet before cutout?

Im currently running an 18" magnaflow with longtubes and ORY with a e-cutout right before the magnaflow. Im fixing to add a dynomax bullet to cut down on the rasp I have around 3000-3600rpm and im debating whether to put it before or after the cutout. Im thinking in front of the cutout just give it a deeper tone when its open. Anyone done this?

Quote Originally Posted by Robt34 View Post
    Im currently running an 18" magnaflow with longtubes and ORY with a e-cutout right before the magnaflow. Im fixing to add a dynomax bullet to cut down on the rasp I have around 3000-3600rpm and im debating whether to put it before or after the cutout. Im thinking in front of the cutout just give it a deeper tone when its open. Anyone done this?
    What else is done? I would still have the cutout before the bullet and muffler, nothing better than straight cam sound!
    2004 Avalanche pewter/black Cammed, Stalled, SOLD!
    2009 Saab 9-7x Aero, Diamond Silver 1 of 21

Its a 5.3 and im running the 212/218 cam, but I figured with the bullet in front of the cutout it wouldnt restrict the open cutout sound much at all. Just maybe make it sound a little deeper, I just really want to get rid of the rasp.

Does the rasp only occur with the cut out open or is all the time? If its all the time, you can put resonators where your cats were and it should cut it down.
    '02 Silvy: Z71 EC Step Side 5.3L Nelson tuned
    2013 GMC Acadia: SLT1 Carbon Black
    1976 Corvette Stingray: Trying to save it, progress is slow.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

Occurs between 3k-3600 rpm but its only really noticeable thru the magnaflow. I thought about resonators but everything i have read says the bullet should do the trick. Im getting it thrown on this weekend so we will see.

I still say cutout before. The cutout is controllable, and throuwing anything in front kinda defeats the purpose.
    2004 Avalanche pewter/black Cammed, Stalled, SOLD!
    2009 Saab 9-7x Aero, Diamond Silver 1 of 21

That's just how magnaflows sound. I had two magnaflows 22" and 14" online and still raspy.

if you like the loudness of the cutout, keep it after. you'd be surprised how much noise a bullet can cut out.

old mod list: H/C/I/N/E/G 408
    new mod list: 5.3, gears/posi, mufler and tune : (

Welp, the deed is done. I went ahead and added the bullet right before both the cutout and magnaflow. Tone out of both got deeper, and best of all the rasp is all gone throughout all rpm range.

Quote Originally Posted by TXsilverado View Post
    if you like the loudness of the cutout, keep it after. you'd be surprised how much noise a bullet can cut out.
    You're exactly right, the cutout did quite down a bit but really only at idle. Anything more and its still loud with a deeper tone to it.

Overall I'm very happy with the turnout. Hope this helps anyone in my same situation.
    02' 5.3 ECSB| Nelson 93 Tune | 212/218 Cam | Circle D 3200 | LPP lt's w/ ORY | Volant CAI | Magnaflow | Raceready Cutout | Belltech 2/4 | JL Audio |

Post up some pics, man. Or a before and after vid. You can't just leave us hanging.
    '02 Silvy: Z71 EC Step Side 5.3L Nelson tuned
    2013 GMC Acadia: SLT1 Carbon Black
    1976 Corvette Stingray: Trying to save it, progress is slow.

^Ricky's Sweet PS Skilz
    09/21/2010 02:31 <danger_ranger83> I'm not really worried about the looks...I want it to be fast and ugly...bc no one wants to get outrun by something ugly

+ Reply to Thread