+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tire opinions???

tire opinions???

ok so i think imin the market for some new tires. with all this newfound ls power, my lo-pros just arent cutting it. especially when i get around to getting the turbo on!! i already get sideways just punching it at anything less than 40mph... its fun to light them up at a seconds notice but scary and untrustworthy when i need that power to the ground.

what i have now is 235/35/20 all around. this is due to the drop i have and wanting to be able to rotate them freely. but that was before the lq9... so now im kinda forced to get the "staggerd" look as much as i dont want to. i need some more meat in the back.

ive been doing some searching today and i think i found some that will fit my needs and i was hoping for some input on them before i buy and install. i found some yokohama Parada Spec-X that have REALLY good all around specs and the reviews on them are great. plus the price is very reasonable. i been doing some measuring and i think the widest i can get back there with my current rims (which i do not want to change) is a 285.

here is the performance specs on the tire.

i will be using the truck 90% DD and occasionally hit the track. so they will need to be good in rain too which these are. even snow which i might get into on my snowboarding trips to the mountains but not often.

anybody ever use these? or input on how you think they will perform? also, whats more important for traction... the width or the sidewall height? its not much but i was looking at getting the 285/50/20 but they also come in 275/55/20. what will hook better or is is such a minute difference i can go either way?

thanks!
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

I ran the parada in a 285/50/20 and it was a great tire. The wet traction was great and they looked good on the truck, nice and wide too. I would run them again.
    02' 5.3 ECSB| Nelson 93 Tune | 212/218 Cam | Circle D 3200 | LPP lt's w/ ORY | Volant CAI | Magnaflow | Raceready Cutout | Belltech 2/4 | JL Audio |

yeah the tread pattern is pretty nice looking. glad to hear you had good success with them. you remember about how many miles you got out of them?

i also found this tire. its almost the same except for the snow/ice traction which it aparantly doesnt have. but the tread is more aggressive looking and its cheaper in price to.

but between the two, id rather go with the yokos for a little more cash. anybody on the width vs sidewall???

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Those are nice too, research and find out about how long those last to decide between the two. I got about 46,000 miles out of them before I switched.

I own the Hankook RH06 275/55-20 and they are the best tires I have ever owned. They do amazing in the rain and really great in the snow. Traction is great as well. I believe several other members run them as well. You can get them for about $600otd
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

The general grabber UHPs are junk. They are cheap, that's about the only pro to them. They are noisy and worthless in the rain. They do leave some nice black marks though.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

i run the 295/45/20 on both the ford and the chevy

ive pulled a 1.91 in the ford with general grabbers when truck was stock. I didnt have issues with rain or noise

both my trucks run 275/45/20 up front and both run 295/45/20 out back
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    I own the Hankook RH06 275/55-20 and they are the best tires I have ever owned. They do amazing in the rain and really great in the snow. Traction is great as well. I believe several other members run them as well. You can get them for about $600otd
    cant believe i didnt see those. they look great and seem to be on par with the paradas in every way, even the price!

CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!

I also had the Hankook RH06's and I can say that they are one of the best street tires. Good traction and very quiet on the highway.

glad they worked for you too and thanks for the response. that goes for everyone else also. but i did some more research and came accross a tire that i just cant steer away from. they are a bit out of my price range but they are supposedly worth every penny from ALL the reviews ive read. plus they were designed by porche and come stock on a lot of high end sports cars. the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. they come in a TON of sizes including the wide low pro size i need. they should stick like a dream. so i am saving up for a set right now. i will definately let you all know how they perform. but anything has got to be better than what i have now... i dont personally like the design all that much but at this point, i could care less. i need something that can keep the power on the pavement and looks is at the bottom of the list now.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!

+ Reply to Thread