+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! Rough Idle/Hesitation 02 5.3 911!

Help! Rough Idle/Hesitation 02 5.3 911!

So, on Friday, my truck starts running rough. Idling vibrates the whole truck. I noticed driving home that I was getting a lot of detonation above about 1500 RPM. So, I limp home and go get some Lucas Octane Booster in my wife's car. That cleared the detonation up, but it's still vibrating at idle and running rough as hell. The weird thing to me is that it's not throwing any codes. What do I do here? How do I get her running right again? Please, any and all advice is needed. I need to get things moving back along today, because I have to drive back and forth to work all week.

2002 ECSB, Nelson Tune, LS1 electric fans, 145A alternator, K&N FIPK, 160º T-stat, TB coolant bypass, Corvette servo, 4 headlight mod, blue LED gauge cluster

Could be some bad fuel. Empty some fuel in a glass and see if there's a separation of water and fuel

Well, I'm about to change the fuel filter, so I'll have access to it. If it is, then what?

2002 ECSB, Nelson Tune, LS1 electric fans, 145A alternator, K&N FIPK, 160º T-stat, TB coolant bypass, Corvette servo, 4 headlight mod, blue LED gauge cluster

then drive it to walmart, hotwire the fuel pump and let it drain in the parking lot, lol.

jk.

you'll need to drain the tank.

Well, no water, but I am convinced it's the fuel. Now what?
    20140216_151621.jpg

if so farmtruck just told you the answer

+ Reply to Thread