+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cammed 5.3 Swap in '90 RCSS

i agree. the color looks great!!! but i gotta ask... why did you go with black on the accessories instead of the copper???
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Well it ties in to the way the copper is on the outside of the truck. There's just a thin stripe on the body line of the truck, and it draws attention quickly being that it's against a root beer metallic up top and candied black below. Same story for the engine, it'll pop against the black accessories and engine compartment.

For sure. well i cant wait to see in in that engine bay!!

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Same here, and thanks for all the compliments!

Well I've got the wiring harness thinned out this weekend, between class and getting called into work :/ . Took me a while because this is the first time I've done this. It was actually super easy using info from Brenden at LT1swap.com. Most of my time was spent identifying the plugs, because like a rookie I started tearing apart the harness and lost which plug went where. I got it all straightened out though. I'm taking a que from capricefrk013 and turning my injectors around 180, so I can run a lot of the wiring under the fuel rails. I'll take some pics once I get it all finalized with fresh tape and loom.

Also I'm using more info from Brenden to merge the '01 and '90 harness, and tap into the '90 fuse block and gauge cluster.

After this week of finishing the wiring, the ball should be rolling pretty quick. I'm getting excited for this swap!

Bought some of the last remaining parts needed; Silicon couplers and filter for "CAI", new muffler, Y-Pipe section, Schoenfeld headers, stage 8 header bolts, front O2 sensors, and new twist-tite hose to relocate the tranny cooler. The only major things I need now are the Holley AC Bracket and the dyno tune!
    Going to be pulling the old motor out tomorrow, and hopefully have the engine bay cleaned. If the weather cooperates, I may paint it as well. I'll try and get the harnesses integrated this weekend as well. Losing next weekend cause I'm going back home, but I'm getting free 3" exhaust out of it!

Part of the joys of living in the barracks, is the fact that I don't have a place to work on and store on my stuff. So, I get the opportunity to move my stuff around to get things finished. Yesterday I moved it to the last place, where I'll finish the swap.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Made up my mind last night that I'm going to finish this swap and drive the truck over to Super Chevy in Memphis on April 11-13. Some friends and I are going up there with our projects in lieu of a bachelor party for me lol
    Got some pics of the wiring, I'm not going to put loom on it to finish it up until I finish integrating the old truck harness and the new harness. All in the name of making it look as factory '90 as possible.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Here's where you can see where I've routed the wiring. Also the cam position sensor exits up here.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Here I cut down the white plastic separators, turned the injectors around(thanks again for the idea capricefrk013), took the loom off, and taped it all together so it stays behind the fuel rails.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This is the way it's going to look on the drivers side, everything is going to be routed underneath the intake and the injector wiring is under the fuel rail as well.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Everything is routed out back under the intake instead of over and around it.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Everything was soldered, with double heatshrink, then wrapped in some good electrical tape and some loom.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I moved all 3 grounds, MAF sensor, Crankshaft Position Sensor, front O2 sensors, MAP sensor back here. Even though I'm running a 700R4, I bundled up all the tranny wiring so in case mine goes bad I have what it takes to go on ahead and upgrade.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The connections to the computer are the only ones that're going to be exposed really. I plan on routing that wiring to the computer out on the driver's inner fender like the Vortec trucks. Haven't loom any of the wiring yet until I integrate the wiring, but I made sure I labeled it thoroughly.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Let me know whucha guys think, advice, etc... I'll be going home this upcoming weekend to finalize some things for my up and coming wedding, picking up some free 3" exhaust piping, and some other things for the swap.

Love that masking tape, paint barn special! Your swap is looking great. Looks like your auto hobby shop is way better than ours. I did my entire swap in base housing garage. Funny, I used the same tape to label all my wires as well.

1994 Chevy C1500 RCSB 05' DBW 5.3 Conversion Complete
    My build

Coming soon ....... Full Repaint, 214/220 Cam, Yukon Posi with 3.73's, remove body lift

looks like frog masking tape...

CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!

Our hobby shop is really awesome. Lotta guys in our shop has said that it's the best they've seen at any base. I would've done the swap at the hobby shop, but I don't wanna pay storage fees for an indefinite time period. Plus our base is kinda hardcore about the whole painting thing. Can't even spray paint in the hobby shop, that's why I had to do everything off base once I rebuilt the motor. Yeah, I made sure I got serious with the labeling, because when I pulled the harness from the '01 Tahoe I didn't label a single plug and it took me a while to sort out what was what. The paint barn crib told me to get rid of a lot of the good green 3M tape that was ordered in the wrong size....so I "got rid" of it

+ Reply to Thread