+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newb to LS World!

Cool Newb to LS World!

Name's Justin stationed here at LRAFB, Little Rock Air Force Base, originally from a little town in Texas. Found this website through all my research about doing a LS swap in my project truck. I've been contemplating doing an LS swap for a good long time now, and took a sign from my 4.3 telling me "knock-knock" jokes to go on ahead and do it.

Before and after pics of the truck, and the current motor set-up.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The truck has done me very good, and has provided me with TONS of experience. While loving every minute of it....well nearly.... The current set up includes 4/6 drop on Camaro SS wheels, obnoxiously huge swap bays front and rear, full polyurethane suspension, overlybuilt 700R4 with ext. tranny cooler, full custom stereo, fresh paint and glass, and entirely too much in that 4.3 lol....Needless to say, it'd be a bad ass motor in a smaller vehicle....

I'm getting married in May, so this swap will be both cheap and timely. (Before future wife sees how much I've put in it ) In the next weekend or two I'll actually have done some pregress that'll be noticeable, once that happens I'll be doing a detailed thread regarding every little detail of my swap. Which btw is going to be geared towards OEM look gauges, wiring, etc... I've even created an Excel Spreadsheet with part #'s and such so others can download and benefit from my research.

When it's all said and done, this is generally the set-up it'll have; 6.0 with full LS7 valvetrain - the rockers, 1.8 Rockers?, Schoenfeld OBS swap LT headers, my current built up 700R4 with cooler, "CAI", 3:42 with a TrueTrac, and a good dyno tune. So far, excluding the tune and TrueTrac, I'm at about 2300. Not too shabby IMO

Damn that's a nice truck. One of my favorites. Get a custom cam spec'd and keep it simple with stock rockers with the trunion upgrade.

Nice truck!

+ Reply to Thread