+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spend my money

Spend my money

I posted this on pt.net but didn't really get the info I was looking for...
    If you were to buy a kit right now, which would you buy? Run down of the truck:
    2006 Silverado ss
    Built 65
    Yank 3600ss
    Btr custom grind 227/236 .613 .578 113+3
    Btr platinum springs
    Tbss intake swap
    1 7/8 pacesetters
    Full3" exhaust
    Arp head studs and rod bolts

I'd like to put 150+ down its throat. It's tuned at rpm motorsports in nc. I'm looking for a nice kit, possibly a plate setup. I plan to eventually do a a standalone and switch to a Vic jr with a 4150 plate. I'm looking for which kit you guys recommend for me, also, which plugs are recommended and at what gap? It will be a learning curve for me so I plan to start conservative and increase with confidence. Any advice other than pulling timing?

if youre gonna stick with the TBSS intake get with Trey with Nitrous expess, a good plate kit will do wonders for ya...

or you could wait until you decide what intake you use and go from there, Trey can handle your needs when it comes to Nitrous

as for the plugs 6s or 7s depending on fueling would be nice with a 32-35 gap also depend on the amount of spray
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

There you go, who else would you want advice from other than the guy who breathes nitrous lol.

I think I'm gonna run a nozzle until intake swap happens. Which intake should I run? From what iv read, a Vic jr with a 4150 would benefit me well. What other options should I consider?

If you do the Vic jr and 4150 plate, either a nos big shot plate or the nos crossbar plate. I'm running 2x.073 jets on my crossbar plate making close to 800 on a 370.

Yea iv read a lot of your old posts and about your setup. Trying to take it all in and apply as best I can to my setup

Quote Originally Posted by SNEEKY View Post
    I think I'm gonna run a nozzle until intake swap happens. Which intake should I run? From what iv read, a Vic jr with a 4150 would benefit me well. What other options should I consider?
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81 View Post
    If you do the Vic jr and 4150 plate, either a nos big shot plate or the nos crossbar plate. I'm running 2x.073 jets on my crossbar plate making close to 800 on a 370.

right now i'm running the holley high ram with nitrous bars, i just got a wilson 4500 4 hole TB with spacer and nitrous plate, this will sit under the super vic

hey allen tyler inhales more nitrous than me lol, i just need to stick to one intake before swapping lol

either way id give trey a call he can hook you up
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

If I was to put my nitrous setup in this single cab, I would get a 4500 super Vic and 4500crossbar plate, but I'm just gonna leave it all alone in my ext cab.. Someday I might put it on tho.. Single cab will see something different..

If you keep the TBSS intake a 90mm plate from NX is the way to go. Like these guys have mentioned pick an intake first. The mainline kit from NX is a great deal for a nozzle up to about a 200shot. You can always get a throttle body spacer and tap it to accept a nozzle. Only thing throttle body spacers are any good for anyways.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

What Do the solenoids in the mainline kit push up too? If I could sell my intake and rails I'd consider going straight to a Vic jr.

+ Reply to Thread