+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Spend my money

Yea it aint cheap lol.. But your doing it the right way tho..

I know not much timing will be needed with the c16. I guess I'm gonna have to get hpt here so I can dial it in even better. I kinda got the vibe from the tuner that they set them up to be "safer" which seems to me, that it's gonna be test test test on my own. Do you have yours coming on progressively on just all out once out the hole? Every truck is different but you seem to be one of the only one willing to share insight to get their ext cab pig moving out.

Quote Originally Posted by SNEEKY View Post
    I know not much timing will be needed with the c16. I guess I'm gonna have to get hpt here so I can dial it in even better. I kinda got the vibe from the tuner that they set them up to be "safer" which seems to me, that it's gonna be test test test on my own. Do you have yours coming on progressively on just all out once out the hole? Every truck is different but you seem to be one of the only one willing to share insight to get their ext cab pig moving out.
    keep in mind get all you can out of the setup NA, thats the key even if you have to read the plugs NA, i always run race fuel at the track 109 in the fuel cell for motor, c16 in the stand alone for nitrous, iv'e pushed 38 degrees of timing NA then backed it back down to 35* 35 being optimum. i also run 13.5 AFR on the wideband NA, low pressure systems are the way to go, you can control the fuel pressure and rich and or lean issues, helps to dial in the nitrous easier if you ask me.

HP tuners you will need, here is where you will make the changes when you need to make changes your tuner wont be able to do it for you specially at the track or just plain not available, only changes i really made are in the timing and shifts and lockups, ( manual now so shifts and lockup is history ) during all this time reading plugs is a must and knowing and having the right plugs in the engine.

timing NA setup, get the fueling where the motor likes it along with timing, i increased mine 1* per run until it didnt show any gains up to 38* found out 35* was the sweet point for my NA seup, made several passes and logged everyone data is very important the more the merrier

then the nitrous, backed the timing down made a pass seen where we stood ( read plugs ) new set installed before run

fueling i started at 12lbs which was very rich, back it down a lb per run or as much i thought would be enough i ended up at 9.5-10 which in the end gave me a 12.8-13.0 AFR with nice looking plugs
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

Trial and error, trial And error... Anyone know if it's possible to get a pirated version of hp tuners or efi live?

Nope and get 2-3 boxes of plugs lol..

Quote Originally Posted by SNEEKY View Post
    Trial and error, trial And error... Anyone know if it's possible to get a pirated version of hp tuners or efi live?
    What do you mean by pirated? You can download a trail copy for free.... I would be surprised if no one has figure out how to break the coding to get free credits or something.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Exactly that a hacked version

Ok so all Of my nitrous stuff came In. Those who have purchased a safe standalone from trey, did yours come with lines or so I have to fab those on my own? Anyone got a pic of a safe system on a Silverado?

On the safe tanks we do leave all the lines up to the customer so that you are not limited on where you can put everything. If you are needing some help with the lines give me shout and I will be glad to help you.

One common place to put then is where the second batter does on the diesels. You can go and but the factory battery tray that bolts right in there for like $25 from a GM dealership.

Trey

nitrousexpress.com
    facebook page
    youtube channel
    join newsletter

Pm, Call (888)463-2781, or email Trey@nitrousexpress.com for Tech or sales

MADE Proudly IN THE USA

Ok that sounds about right. I'll be giving you a call in the next few days to get them lines ordered

+ Reply to Thread