+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5.3 bolt on + big cam , under 290hp ?

5.3 bolt on + big cam , under 290hp ?

hi everyone

i have a 5.3 with bolt on and 231-239 617-621 113lsa stock heads and stock intake and a cluch fan .

now this numbers are taken on a pull till 5600rbm , i have set my cut off to 6500rbm

i know i should at least be around 310+ hp 326tq , i have with me now a set of 799 heads and a NNBS intake , what is your recommendtion on this compo , how much to mill from heads , am i better off with another intake , i ordered nelson fan harness and soon it came it will be mounted with 05 oem e-fans

here the dyno pull chart :

tune was done on street maybe after 1 month i will do it on a dyno with the same tuner

to much cam for those heads and intake, that's similar to my cam and it states must have aftermarket heads.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

heads are choking, throw a good set of heads on there

yes i have another heads (799) i didn't put them in yet plus i plan on buy complete vic jr intake with 90mm tb

if those don't help a lot i may look into genx heads

Heads will definitely help. I was a lil disappointed in my dyno as well. I run a little smaller cam 228/232 but managed 325/300 and know with better heads and nnbs intake with 90mm tb I should pick up nice. Good luck bud and may ask someone who understands valve events more than me but milling may cut you close on ptv with that cam.

Swap the heads out for now. Ask the cam manufacturer if you need to have reliefs cut in your pistons for ptv clearance if you shave your 799's .030.

Slow04xcab
    nice gains , yup i did take the old heads for now waiting for my 799 to arrive so i can start working on them , thank you sir

kainedogg
    beau from TSP told me to not go above 0.15-0.17 i will ask comp cam for ptv clearance , thanks

Do you have a good free flowing exhaust? Long tubes, cats, what muffler, no kinks, etc. Besides that it is an issue with the heads most likely. Keep in mind 290 is about 80 over stock....
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

hi kerrige i thought you will give me hard time about this cam , you didn't like it before .

Do you have a good free flowing exhaust? Long tubes, cats, what muffler, no kinks, etc
    yup my exhaust is dual 3" into one magnaflow , no cats no other problems other than the usual small leaks on flangs ,
    to tell you the truth i was shooting for 330 HP 330tq at minimum that's the goal from the start it will be boosted after one year

Dang I must've gotten pretty lucky. I have some cheap eBay headers with 2 1/2 collectors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust. Every dyno is different and will read different numbers. Still on factory injectors and fuel pump both with 175k on them. Will change pump and injectors once I'm able to change the heads and intake though. Also I didn't know it at the time of dyno but my trans was also screwed.

+ Reply to Thread