Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who's tuning at Nelson Performance?

Who's tuning at Nelson Performance?

A local buddy put a 70mm truck kit on his 5.3 silverado. Nothing major. Just wants to see some boost. Asks me who I'd use to tuning and I said Allan has taken care of me in the past. Get a tune from him and you'd be happy. Here we are two weeks later and he has tried multiple times to get ahold of Allen directly and been put off to someone else. He's having some issues with the tune and every time he calls the shop he gets told very vauge answers to what I'd consider simple questions about how the tunes setup. He's emailed them Many times and does get a reply. But thus far nothing is being done but putting him off on the exacts he'd like. Hell not even any advise on fixing the truck if that's where the problem is. He's turning to this tuner to point him in the direction needed and see if the files off or something on the truck. He's offered to tow it 700 miles each way to thier shop for a tune/look it over and still seems like his business isn't important. The exacts between you guys idk. But if I'm gonna recommend a shop 700 miles away over some 1/3rd that I'd like to know they will be there to atleast answer questions.
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Quote Originally Posted by ecld_07 View Post
    A local buddy put a 70mm truck kit on his 5.3 silverado. Nothing major. Just wants to see some boost. Asks me who I'd use to tuning and I said Allan has taken care of me in the past. Get a tune from him and you'd be happy. Here we are two weeks later and he has tried multiple times to get ahold of Allen directly and been put off to someone else. He's having some issues with the tune and every time he calls the shop he gets told very vauge answers to what I'd consider simple questions about how the tunes setup. He's emailed them Many times and does get a reply. But thus far nothing is being done but putting him off on the exacts he'd like. Hell not even any advise on fixing the truck if that's where the problem is. He's turning to this tuner to point him in the direction needed and see if the files off or something on the truck. He's offered to tow it 700 miles each way to thier shop for a tune/look it over and still seems like his business isn't important. The exacts between you guys idk. But if I'm gonna recommend a shop 700 miles away over some 1/3rd that I'd like to know they will be there to atleast answer questions.
    Who has he tried to contact about bringing it down here. I make all the appointments and have not received any phone calls about this nor any messages over the phone regarding this. I would like to know who he has been emailing also so i can check into this.
    Nelson Performance
    210-626-0278
    facebook.com/nelsonperformance
    erica@nelsonperformance.com

In addition, I have emails showing Ray and him have gone back and forth regarding the issue. Ray has answered question within reasonable time and to the best of his knowledge.
    He is not being put off and if every customer that had an issue was directed to me I couldn't run my business.
    That's what I have employees for!

Just because he's frustrated doesn't mean we're not helping.
    The tech support we provide is out of being courteous and wanting to help.
    We provide a tune and that's what we supplied.
    Since when is it mandatory that a tuner look up troubleshooting techniques for customers who are having issues?
    We do this as a free service because we feel the need to help the customer regardless of what or who is at fault.
    We do this on a daily basis and never question how much time we put into fixing issues for customers.

I have not received any data or scans or feedback from the truck to properly diagnose his issue!

If you're so concerned about his truck and his feelings, then why haven't you offered to scan and help out?
    You're local, you said it, you know what I need in order to properly offer an opinion.

And as far as trying to bring the truck down for a live tune, that is just an outright lie and bs!
    He can call anytime he wants to schedule a tune and make an appt at his convenience!
    He HAS NOT called to make an appt and has not left a message!

Get me some data and we can help!

From Jan 13th to Jan 15th, I just counted 15 replies from Thomas and Ray going back and forth regarding his issue to Ray offering advice and suggestions on his build.
    WOW, that is putting the customer off and that isn't helping?

I'd help if I could. My hptuners interface is back with hpt. Glad y'all know the guy right off the batt since no names where dead yet tho. I'd love to have scanned it and tried to figure it out for his and y'all's sake. Small things like what map is the tune set up for hasn't been directly answered. Only this or that SHOULD be ok. When he sets his fuel psi at 60 (per email recommended) the truck starts and stays in the 9s afr everywhere. I dunno if there's a miscommunication or you guys are on diff pages. No it's not the shops job to trouble shoot the truck. It is the shops job to trouble shoot the tune IF it's the tune. Not saying it is or isn't. But two weeks in and it seemed like time to get it all out in the open so everyone can see what's going on and try to fix whatever it is. And don't make it out like I'm out to bash NP when I'm the one who sent him to y'all for a tune because I felt y'all where trustworthy. So I'm curious. Who is tuning? And what exact map is his truck tuned for.
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

I'm not in the email conversations so all I know is what I'm told and see when he sends me the messages. HENCE WHY THIS POST WAS MADE TO FIGURE OUT WHATS UP. Not saying ur employees don't know as much as you. Just saying if your the tuner. And exacts about the tune needs to be known why shouldn't he talk to you?
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

I appreciate ray trying to help me and I'm new to this so I'm learning a lot at a rapid pace. It just seems I got the run around a little when I would ask some questions such as what map do I need and ray said 1 bar should be fine. In my opinion he should have asked the tuner directly and said one bar is what I need. Not that one bar "should" be fine. When I set the pressure on the rails at 60 pounds it's runs so rich that it's a dog or I can choke the fuel pressure back to 40 pounds and still isn't perfect but runs a lot better than it was. Correct me if I'm wrong because I very well could be but that right there tells me that either my injectors which are brand new are junk or the tune is off. Not trying to stir up any shit just trying to get this thing lined out. Also I'm wanting to go speed density tune when I get it down there so I'm thinking whatever my problem is should be lined out anyway when I go to a speed density tune? I could be wrong on that also. Thanks for your help

This is a trick kit with all the the bungs already where they should be and the maf sensor is where it should be so I know I have everything in the right place.

This entire post is a bunch of bs and nonsense.
    It's full of assumptions and picking at straws.

Who the fk is tuning at NP. What kind of question is that and I didn't realize I had to let everyone know that I'm still tuning for my business.

What map to use, how about the stock map that came with the truck. Which ray told you to use.

Don't you think that every tuning question and truck that is tuned I'm involved in.
    Ray is always within 20ft of me throughout the entire day.
    Ray didn't give you the run around. He has answered every question you asked.
    You said it yourself that you're a newbie to this, so the fact that you don't get it doesn't mean he isn't answering your question correctly.
    Ray has been given the run around.
    The tune has been accused.
    But let me mention this.

-HAVE WE BEEN PROVIDED WITH SCANS OR FEEDBACK ON WHAT THE ENGINE IS DOING?!!

NO!

So we are the ones that are being given the run around. I can post all the emails and it clearly shows that ray didn't get any technical info in return to help you out.

How am I supposed to determine if it's the tune or not?

For some reason ya'll know it's the tune without me knowing, how is that?
    Even if it's the tune, you want me to lean it out? Ok, how much, why is it rich, what is causing it, etc etc?

You are dealing with a Master Certified Tech that has more tuning ability, more diagnosing ability than 99.9% of anyone I know and has been here for four years.
    What else do you want!

So basically, ya'll are saying that Ray isn't knowledgeable enough to answer any of your questions and even tho he has answered all your questions he has given you the run around.

As far as I see it, this entire post has been to bash Nelson Performance, question our tuning ability and insult Rays knowledge.
    That is fk'd up!

like I said in my email, send me your questions and I'll be glad to answer the same questions Ray has already answered. Where do you think his answers from anyway.

I made a post about someone I recommended to use NP just so I could bash em?? Yep that must be it. You caught me!. Glad it light a fire there to help him get it sorted out atleast. So progress is being made finally. As mentioned many time before there is no way to log it as of now. Guess it was my fault assuming a shop of this caliber could get somewhat close on a 5.3 with 6psi long enough till I was able to send them logs to help him and them along. Sending a dozen people to NP for tunes in the last 6 months is my mistake. I apologize for making you money.
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Closed Thread