+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trans Cooler options...

Trans Cooler options...

Hey guys haven't posted in awhile. Well last January i broke my second govlock and i had to replace the trans because it busted the forward sprag when it grenaded. I swapped in another rear (old housing got cracked) and i bought a Performabuilt LVL2 60e and a Circle D 2800 converter...well this October i lost 3/4 gear. Sent everything out for warranty work and they said something internally broke in the trans and they are building me a new unit. Ive already got my converter back from Chris for the cut and clean. Now im wanting to upgrade my cooler setup. Im running the factory radiator cooler plus a small tube/fin cooler performabuilt supplied with the original trans. Should i eliminate the rad cooler completely and throw on a monster plate cooler? I don't tow with it or haven't yet. i would eventually like to tow one of my thirdgens on a open trailer a hand full of times a year but that would be about it. I mostly just DD the pig around town and a few highway trips a year no wheeling or anything like that. Right now its just full bolt ons minus a throttle body or pulley. Well what do you guys recommend?
    03 yukon xl:intake, longtubes ory,performabuilt lvl2,circle D 278,tune, tint, lt1 fans
    92 z28: lb9 air foil vette servo magnaflow catback adjustable pan hard rod Lcas lcarbs
    86 trans am: lm7 hot cam th350 3500 stall

another guy just asked this. I posted in it. should help.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/showt...869#post519869

Looks good. Really trying to go with a plate style cooler if I can. Like you though that 40k cooler is $$$ for what it is.
    03 yukon xl:intake, longtubes ory,performabuilt lvl2,circle D 278,tune, tint, lt1 fans
    92 z28: lb9 air foil vette servo magnaflow catback adjustable pan hard rod Lcas lcarbs
    86 trans am: lm7 hot cam th350 3500 stall

I did the tru cool 40k on my truck. Drop temps down to 150 range.
    I also plumb mine bypass the raditor. I might re plumb back through radiator when I install stainless steel lines. In cold weather trans takes for ever to warm up.

Bought cooler off eBay and brackets of performancetrucks.net made install breeze

Trucks got 4l80e & 3600 stall on 4.10 gear
    00 rcsb, ls1, cammed, 4l80, 40k tru cool cooler, 3600 stall, 4.10, 3'' exhaust, LT headers, tunned, truion upgrade, 918 springs, e fan, 2" drop, M&H drag radials
    14 CAMRY DD
    03 ccsb cummins, 4'' straight exhaust, fass 150, smarty jr programmer wifes DD

+ Reply to Thread