+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 98 2dr 4wd tahoe LS swap

Hybrid View

98 2dr 4wd tahoe LS swap

Finally bit the bullet on this one... Ive been tossing it around for a few years... and finally I just parked it and started taking stuff off...
    Halfway through it was like Holy Crap what have I done!!!!!!

Anyway... havent scored the motor yet but I have one in the works..

98 Tahoe 4WD. 2002 5.3L LS swap.. Lowered on shackles and keys. 22" Escalade rims with custom SS centercaps, 2 tone red and gunmetal paint with silver pinstripe.SS front bumper cover.Rear roll pan. Street scene mesh grille inserts.debadged and demoulded.6K HIDs and hidden yellow fogs.Billet bowtie.K&N intake system. Flexalite Efans.Dual optima batteries. Pacesetter shorties High Flow cats. Flowmaster muffler with single exit exhaust. Escalade Seats and console. SS headrests. Remote Twin turbo build in progress!!!

98 Tahoe 4WD. 2002 5.3L LS swap.. Lowered on shackles and keys. 22" Escalade rims with custom SS centercaps, 2 tone red and gunmetal paint with silver pinstripe.SS front bumper cover.Rear roll pan. Street scene mesh grille inserts.debadged and demoulded.6K HIDs and hidden yellow fogs.Billet bowtie.K&N intake system. Flexalite Efans.Dual optima batteries. Pacesetter shorties High Flow cats. Flowmaster muffler with single exit exhaust. Escalade Seats and console. SS headrests. Remote Twin turbo build in progress!!!

That is a nice looking Tahoe. I think you will be very happy with the swap.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2wd, 100% internally stock 305, w/twin T-3 junkyard turbos,Ramjet intake w/42lb inj,12200411 PCM. 4675lbs w/me in it. Best time in 5 passes 13.01@110

Yes those colors pop on that Tahoe but I wouldn't have started until I purchased the replacement engine because it's such an easy swap

Great looking truck and totally understand just take it out and now I have to replace it !!! I get it !!! Niiiiice !!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!! see the way things work in my house... you arent allowed to do something unless you need to... so I would have never bought a new engine first. Now that this engine is out, I "need" to buy a new one...

question... will the Energy suspension 3-1152R poly engine mount inserts fit the 5.7 trucks.. I only saw 6.5 deisel as an application, but then i look up rubber mounts and they say they will work for either the 6.5 or the 5.7

look into the dirty dingo solid motor mounts, fully adjustable to push engine forward, back, or side to side as well work great!
    98 Z28 M6

if you want to replace your mounts you buy new mounts for the truck. you need adapters to mount the LS motor to your factory mounts.

spacers. but I think 1/4 inch is a bit much. I seem to remember there being a tolerance limit but not sure what the max is... I had to use spacers on mine too. I'll try and look today to see the size.

+ Reply to Thread