+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 98 2dr 4wd tahoe LS swap

Quote Originally Posted by Dobok View Post
    Are you all finished now !!!
    i dont think anybody on this forum is ever "finished"
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

sadly no i am not... still chasing a misfire... but like kewljay said... even when i am "finished" I will just start researching my next mod...
    98 Tahoe 4WD. 2002 5.3L LS swap.. Lowered on shackles and keys. 22" Escalade rims with custom SS centercaps, 2 tone red and gunmetal paint with silver pinstripe.SS front bumper cover.Rear roll pan. Street scene mesh grille inserts.debadged and demoulded.6K HIDs and hidden yellow fogs.Billet bowtie.K&N intake system. Flexalite Efans.Dual optima batteries. Pacesetter shorties High Flow cats. Flowmaster muffler with single exit exhaust. Escalade Seats and console. SS headrests. Remote Twin turbo build in progress!!!

Just a thought but did you remember to switch the injector firing order?

Quote Originally Posted by Chevydillan View Post
    Just a thought but did you remember to switch the injector firing order?
    from what to what? pretty sure thats programmed in to the pcm since there is no dist... and as far as i know, all LS motors have the same firing order....
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Cylinders 2 & 3 and 4 & 7
    Switch C1-3 & C1-4 and C1-44 & C1-43 at the PCM

I guess this only applies if you adapted your original harness
    Last edited by Chevydillan; 04-17-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    97 RCSB . 2WD . 5.3 . 4l60E . E-FANS . PNP 706s . TSP 228R . 3600 STALL . HD2 . VETTE SERVO . 3.73s . 2" DROP
    TURBO IN THE WORKS

maybe check your compression with a gauge other than one used previously

I think i figured out my problem for real this time... I had always searched pinouts to confirm my wiring.. and all was correct so I assumed my wiring wasnt the problem. tonight i decided to go over connector pinouts. got 2 sensors in and found a problem.. i figured i would check the ckp and cmp sensors first. CKP was all good. my diagrams showed that the CMP sensor was wired backwards... my wiring guide said to wire signal to pin A, return signal to pin B, and 12V to pin C. I swore I did it backwards.... so I went out and checked.... grabbed my meter and sure to my dissapointment my wiring was correct.... so I thought. I noticed that the connector had a yellow,black/white and pink wire... Hmm... I went back to the diagrams and saw that the CMP plug should have a pink, pink/black, and brown/white wires. so I went digging through my bin of connectors and found the CMP plug. turns out the little letters on the plug notating the pin positions are backwards from the plug i was using. So I had it wired right for the plug, but not for the sensor itself... I was sending 12V to the signal and powering it with the signal from the ecm haha.... now in the morning i get to repin it and hope i didnt fry the sensor.... wish me luck i hope it solves the problem.
    98 Tahoe 4WD. 2002 5.3L LS swap.. Lowered on shackles and keys. 22" Escalade rims with custom SS centercaps, 2 tone red and gunmetal paint with silver pinstripe.SS front bumper cover.Rear roll pan. Street scene mesh grille inserts.debadged and demoulded.6K HIDs and hidden yellow fogs.Billet bowtie.K&N intake system. Flexalite Efans.Dual optima batteries. Pacesetter shorties High Flow cats. Flowmaster muffler with single exit exhaust. Escalade Seats and console. SS headrests. Remote Twin turbo build in progress!!!

random picture whoring...

My old 2dr hoe...

she lives!!!!turns out after swapping a new cps in and rewiring the entire harness i fixed the problems!!! turns out the guide i used to wire the harness is completely wrong... sucks but atleast now i know...

Awesome!!!!!
    Last edited by slicpartna; 05-10-2014 at 09:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread