+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 98 2dr 4wd tahoe LS swap

so what was the problem then? did you get some spacers or was it something else?

and that hose looks like some sort of evap line to me. but i cant recognize it.
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

it goes into this canister..
    98 Tahoe 4WD. 2002 5.3L LS swap.. Lowered on shackles and keys. 22" Escalade rims with custom SS centercaps, 2 tone red and gunmetal paint with silver pinstripe.SS front bumper cover.Rear roll pan. Street scene mesh grille inserts.debadged and demoulded.6K HIDs and hidden yellow fogs.Billet bowtie.K&N intake system. Flexalite Efans.Dual optima batteries. Pacesetter shorties High Flow cats. Flowmaster muffler with single exit exhaust. Escalade Seats and console. SS headrests. Remote Twin turbo build in progress!!!

Got my old harness out of the truck.. I am going to be repinning it instead of running 2 ECUs and buying a harness.

Man it sure is nice having photo/video equipment at my house.. Extra lighting rigs came in handy.

After about 5 minutes...

2 hours later and I have cut and labeled all of my new pins for the 411 ECM. Still have to get connectors and wire in the Coils and injector plugs.
    98 Tahoe 4WD. 2002 5.3L LS swap.. Lowered on shackles and keys. 22" Escalade rims with custom SS centercaps, 2 tone red and gunmetal paint with silver pinstripe.SS front bumper cover.Rear roll pan. Street scene mesh grille inserts.debadged and demoulded.6K HIDs and hidden yellow fogs.Billet bowtie.K&N intake system. Flexalite Efans.Dual optima batteries. Pacesetter shorties High Flow cats. Flowmaster muffler with single exit exhaust. Escalade Seats and console. SS headrests. Remote Twin turbo build in progress!!!

got a little bit more done... It is getting closer.
    I ordered my PS hoses, heater hose, radiator hoses, serpentine belt, maf and coil plugs, ECM connectors, and a few other things..

Side note. does anyone have any multec 2 plugs laying around? Il paypal you some dough for them!!!

My headers came in!!

I am starting to fab the bracket to move my 411 ECM to the drivers side now that I am using my original harness

Got some wire to add to my harness..

Working a little at a time on my harness... I have all the connectors mostly labeled..

updates.... I got all of my pigtails in except the injectors... Nelson performance said they would email me a tracking number but that was 3 days ago... so i guess we wait..

I pulled it outside and worked in the driveway today.. it was nice out...

Got my fuel lines hooked up, radiator hoses and intake installed. Battery mounted. plug wires..

Can't wait to hear it running. Nice job!!!

omfg i am so impatient....... waiting on parts makes me crazy!!!!

i gotta ask... why yellow plug wires???? not judging or anything. but u got the whole blk/red thing going on.. just seems kinda odd..
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Did you ever figure out the flexplate issue? I'm considering dropping a 5.3 into my 98 2 door if I can find one for a good price here in NC.
    Your Tahoe looks great, man. Love the paint.

Which pacesetter headers did you go with? 72C2265?

I'll go with the DD mounts, also. Nice frickin rig, dude

thanks man.... Yeah flexplate worked fine.. dished plate with the spacer inbetween plate and TC. I went with 70-2265 headers.. they fit but its tight.. If you have 2wd you can go with schoenfield. DD mounts work great...

+ Reply to Thread