+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice on putting LQ4+5-speed into 1993 Yukon

Need advice on putting LQ4+5-speed into 1993 Yukon

Hello everyone, I spent a great deal of time reading through the posted until I finally decided on the best option for swapping my 1993 Yukon engine and 4L60E trany for a fresh LQ4 engine and its 5-speed trany from a 2500HD or 3500HD Silverado. My option to go with this route was mainly due to that fact that in the end I had to work with what I can find, and for what price.

It looks like the install will be straight forward and all I would need are the engine mounts, long tube headers (1-7/8 as I might SC and threw a CAM also later on), PC tune. I will be pulling the radiator from the pickup and install it instead of the old one. I'm also looking into converting to E-Fan setup. They say that the stock Drive-Shaft could fit with no issue.

The truck will be used for Sand Dunes and some street driving, for that reason I'm not going to carb it as I would like to keep the drivability.

Any advice or comments will be highly appreciated. And if anyone have the part number of the engine mount or the headers, that would be great.

Holly customer service just replied that they have the engine mounts available that locate the LS in the stock location which would put the back of the heads right on the firewall. They recommend part number #12624HKR which moves the engine forward by 1/2". As for the headers, they currently do not offer any swap headers for my application.

+ Reply to Thread