+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Nelson engine harness

Ok, so I'm just a poor working class guy and I was unable to get your harness ($850) for my engine swap but I was wondering if you could answer a couple questions about wiring? I did my own harness surgery and I was wondering if I could hook up a lot of the pink (ignition+) wires to the same power source on my OBS fuse block? And I have other questions too..
    Last edited by Blasphemy; 02-16-2015 at 05:57 PM.

no problem at all.

once you have removed all the misc wiring and sensors that aren't needed; in short, YES.
    I like to separate and group certain sensors together, but if you were to take all those pink/ignition wires and take them to a single 12g wire, it would work.
    Just use the correct fuse.

Suggestion:
    Take the pcm ign to it's own source.
    Group maf and o2's together
    injectors on their own wire
    coils on their own wire

just a general suggestion, by no means is this the correct or wrong way, it just might help if you need to diagnose why the engine isn't starting.

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    no problem at all.

once you have removed all the misc wiring and sensors that aren't needed; in short, YES.
    I like to separate and group certain sensors together, but if you were to take all those pink/ignition wires and take them to a single 12g wire, it would work.
    Just use the correct fuse.

Suggestion:
    Take the pcm ign to it's own source.
    Group maf and o2's together
    injectors on their own wire
    coils on their own wire

just a general suggestion, by no means is this the correct or wrong way, it just might help if you need to diagnose why the engine isn't starting.
    Thanks so much for the help!! Your tuner did the initial flash on my PCM to get me up and running and once I feel it's driveable I'm coming down to your shop to do the last final tweaks. Please don't laugh at my wiring job, it's my first LSx swap and it's definitely a large learning curve haha.

bump

Can't beat a business who will offer tech support/ advice even when they didn't make a sale. A+ in my book!

+ Reply to Thread