+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.8 5 speed / LS2 6 speed conversion HELP needed

4.8 5 speed / LS2 6 speed conversion HELP needed

I am in the process of swapping an LS2 / T56 into my truck where I had a 4.8 / 5 speed.
    I am noticing that some of the plugs are different as well as the computers and how they hook up are different.
    The wiring harness came out of the GTO with the motor but the wiring harness for the truck stayed in the engine compartment when I pulled the 4.8, I had to disconnect almost everything.
    Now to put the LS2 in I am finding that some of the connectors are different
    Has anyone out there done this swap before and can help me along?
    I hate trial and error.

use the 4.8 harness on the ls2. you will need to lengthened or buy the extension harness for the cam sensor, you will need to rewire your knock sensor harness to reach the sensors on the side of the motor or buy that conversion part. you will need to tap the block for the GenIII knock sensors
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

trg-002 lingenelter conversion box, If you want to part ways with the heads on that 4.8 let me know!

Thanx for the info. I feel a little better about the swap now.
    I was getting kinda nervous about all of the differences and what all I had been told about such an "easy swap"

Quote Originally Posted by blacstar View Post
    trg-002 lingenelter conversion box, If you want to part ways with the heads on that 4.8 let me know!
    I do NOT really want to part the 4.8 out but I am looking to sell it outright.
    It is a good running motor and I have the Dyno results from it just before pulling it out.
    It is complete as pulled from my 2004 Regency Conversion truck but I will have to use the pan and exhaust manifolds as the ones form the 05 GTO LS2 are different...

Quote Originally Posted by 5SPD_SS View Post
    I do NOT really want to part the 4.8 out but I am looking to sell it outright.
    It is a good running motor and I have the Dyno results from it just before pulling it out.
    It is complete as pulled from my 2004 Regency Conversion truck but I will have to use the pan and exhaust manifolds as the ones form the 05 GTO LS2 are different...
    When you pull the GTO oil pan also pull the windage tray and pump pickup, put them all on eBay prepare yourself to be pleasantly surprised. The GTO front sump pan makes a great conversion pan for import car LS swaps.

+ Reply to Thread