+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 68 c/10 5.3/4L60e swap "Project Black Cherry"

Thanks a bunch for the response Slick68, I appreciate that. Seems a little hard to get some feedback on this site unless you're a member with some time. Either way I appreciate the advice and will look into those sites. I'm like a teenager with his brand new veh with this truck, or at least that's how i feel. I personally don't like the way the radiator fits either. It belongs to a friend that supposedly ordered it for a customer of his that is also doing a swap. I'm not sure why he ordered it with those dimensions cause it seems to fit funny. I will most likely order a boyds custom tank as well since i am wanting to run an internal pump.

Got my new radiator support, but the radiator I got from a friend doesn't really fit that well, I'm kinda thinking about buying a RnD radiator and shroud kit, but they sure are pricy!

Got some more parts for the truck.

I could've sworn that these came with the led boards as specified when I placed the order but no luck, I'll have to call Fesler and double check.

Some more goodies arrived.

Alper Motorsports billet 3bolt to 4bolt TB adapter

New GM 90mm ls7 style Throttle Body

Lokar flexible aluminum trans dipstick

I'm having an issue with the bottom of the 90mm tb hitting the neck of the water pump, need some advice as to what you guys would do in this situation?

i have that lokar dipstik too. nice looking piece but damn its pricy huh!! i thought oh well, it looks great! well after its installed, who can even see it!!?? haha oh well, live n learn.

anyway, i havnt done this myself but ive heard of guys heating up the neck with a torch and twisting it so it faces forward. i think that was to clear the AC pump bracket for guys who mounted it up high on the passenger side. not sure if this will help you or not. maybe you could look and see if that would work or not. if not, all i can suggest is looking around for a 90 degree neck?? dont know if they make one. just a thought.

one last thought i just had, i think car accessories are different than trucks so its possible the ls7 (corvette right?) had a different water pump that put the outlet in a different location??? look into that. but then you might have issues lining up the pulley... good luck!
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Pull out the neck and weld on a shorter one?
    Redrill plate and tap for new holes; crook'd throttle body lol.
    Camaro water pump, which is probably the easiest; but more cost, what the hell it's just money.
    Last edited by farmtruc; 12-27-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Looks like the neck needs to be rotated clockwise to clear the TB. You can heat the water pump with a torch and place a wooden dowel or handle inside the neck for a lever. I have done this to clear my A/C bracket. It worked like a charm.
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

just found these pics in the thread next to yours where the guy is asking for pics of wire harness routing. looks like the do in fact make a different water pump.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...1/DSCN1720.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...1/DSCN1719.jpg

his username is rpm graphics. shoot him a pm. I'm sure he could tell u what it's off of.

The pics 'Jay are referring to are of a water pump from the Camaro/Corvette, or any other LS powered car. I believe only the trucks and SUVs came with the top water neck.
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

+ Reply to Thread