+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project "Black Cherry" 68 c10

Cool Project "Black Cherry" 68 c10

Howdy, names Steven and this is my first pickup truck. I recently purchased this unfinished project and am very anxious to finish it asap. I bought a 68 chevy c10 with a 72 front end. The previous owner had already set in the 5.3/4L60e combo, but it needs to be finished.

This is my first conversion project. I have owned several LS vehicles, just never one that has had a swap. Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I am a San Antonio, Texas resident and currently also own a 1972 Camaro ss as well as this 68 ls c10.

Here are some pics.

I will have tons of questions about building my truck to my liking and figured this was the best place to seek out the help from fellow chevy truck enthusiast.

Here are some photos as the trucks sits at the moment. He did most of the body work and had the cab and bed already painted, so i may as well paint the front end to match, and enjoy the truck the current color it is before taking it all apart and going with a two tone orange/white cheyenne look.

I'll try post some other pics in the next few days.

-Steven

That is one sick ride.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmerichLSx View Post
    That is one sick ride.
    Thanks man. The truck already has the 5 lug conversion done front and back. Has disc in the front and drums on the 12bolt with 4.11's. once I get the truck running then ill concentrate on upgrading the rear brakes and have bigger and better ones placed up front.

These are the things I need to get the truck running;

-Driveshaft to mate 4L60e to the 12bolt
    -Fuel tank to go under bed, pump, and lines
    -radiator, fans and shroud
    -Floor shifter with boot, linkage etc.
    -better brake assembly, only has MC now
    -headers meant for the truck with LS swap

If anyone knows of the best of these for me to get, or can point me in the right directions to which ones you guys have with your LS swaps, I'd really appreciate it. I'm kinda lost on where to start at the moment, a little overwhelmed to be honest. I know it will be a fun project, but just don't wanna learn from my own mistake, but learn learn from others. If you know of a company or certain parts for my truck to steer clear from, I'd love to hear your input.

Welcome, from the SA area.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

Welcome to the site. That is a nice truck! im doing a LS conversion on my brothers 68 C-10 also
    06 rcsb, 6two, 231/235, 4.11, pacesetter, 80e, 14 bolt, Nelson tuned
    2011 rcsb 6two swap in the works with 6l90 and boost
    FARMTRUC CAN GARGLE PEANUT BUTTER

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-Art View Post
    Welcome, from the SA area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray@NP View Post
    Welcome to the site. That is a nice truck! im doing a LS conversion on my brothers 68 C-10 also
    Thanks guy. Glad to know there are other guys here in the sa area with similar swaps.

I honestly am clueless as to where to start on this project. What type of fuel tank should I order? What company do you guys use for driveshafts? Do i need a special trans mount? What brand radiator/fans should i go with?

Any help is appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread