+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New exhaust housing?

New exhaust housing?

im debating weather i should just buy a new exhaust housing for my turbo or get a custom downpipe made. i have this turbo

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant...ry_Code=TRBT35

the issue im having is that the 1.15 A/R is a 4" exhaust housing and my kit is a 3.5"
    i called a shop and they quoted me $500 to get the downpipe made and the exhaust hooked up . but i also have to hual it to the shop and could take a few days. now my question is would it be worth spending $250 on a .96 A/R and being able to do it at my house and then taking it to a shop in town to get it welded? also im not 100% sure if i did swap housing what one would be compatable? i looked on the cxracing web site and havent found anything yet and havent been able to get ahold of them. any help/info would be great thanks guys.
    Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

this is were im stuck at... 3.5" down pipe and 4" turbo exhaust... the down pipe will fit into the back of the turbo housing

Just buy 4 to 3.5" reducer and 4" v band and anybody that can weld can do it for less than $60. Now way in hell should you change to a smaller housing

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

Ok cool well i do have a 4" to a 3.5 " reducer. And a set of 3.5" and 4" vband clamps and the housings??? Not sure what there called maybe i can get them to cut the down pipe back and weld in the reducer and then just put the 4" clamp on the one side.

There ya go. Thats the cheapest, fastest way to get er done

04 RCSB 5.3, Homemade 80mm FM, TU1, TH400

Quote Originally Posted by darnie1987 View Post
    Ok cool well i do have a 4" to a 3.5 " reducer. And a set of 3.5" and 4" vband clamps and the housings??? Not sure what there called maybe i can get them to cut the down pipe back and weld in the reducer and then just put the 4" clamp on the one side.
    Seriously? Why haven't you done this yet? Lol
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

oooo... she's done

+ Reply to Thread